If you have been following me for a while you probably noticed that I gave up alcohol a little over 9 months ago. Since I shared it publicly I have received so many questions. I only intended to go without alcohol for 2 weeks. I was about the leave for a work conference in Cancun and thought this was the perfect time to give it up. The conference was all about personal development so I went with the intention of focusing on self care. I exercised every day, did my daily self reflection/journal, and ate the freshest food possible. When I came home I was on cloud 9. I felt so good. Prior to the trip I would drink once or twice a week, but my “hangovers” seemed to last for days. I had low energy and was always anxious. But, after this trip my low energy and anxiety subsided. It seemed silly to go back to alcohol. So I never went back.
Here is what I learned over the past 9 months:
-I am so much happier! Like so much happier. Alcohol is such a downer even if we don’t intend to drink it for that reason.
-Alcohol may have taken my edge off in the moment, but it caused so much more anxiety in the long run.
-My hormones are so much more well balanced.
-My PMS went away!!!
-I lost 10 pounds.
Anyways, since I gave up alcohol I have become a fan of mocktails. I found that part of the “fun” of drinking are the pretty glasses and fun garnishes. Drinking a mocktail has become part of my self care routine. I add a bunch of yummy stuff to help soothe my gut and nourish my body!
WATERMELON MOJITO MOCKTAIL
- 2 cups watermelon juice this is about 4 cups of small watermelon pieces that have gone through the food processor, see below
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger I use this tool to grate
- 4 mint leaves
- Place the watermelon in a food processor and blend for 10 seconds. You do not want to blend too long, because you still want the chunks to be there!
- Add the other ingredients and blend for another 10 seconds.
- Pour into a glass.
- OPTIONAL: I used an orange peel to garnish. If you want to twist it to make it pretty, use an apple peeler and peel part of the orange. Then, wrap it around a pen.
[…] Lemonade Vegan Taco Salad Matcha Frosting Meatloaf Muffins Watermelon Ginger Mojito Mocktail Grain Free Dog Cake Cucumber Apple Salsa Over Fish Ginger Tumeric […]