This creamy Whole30 potato salad is perfect for summer. The creamy avocado mayonnaise combined with the fresh chives, bacon, hard boiled eggs and crunchy celery is absolutely delicious! You can make this paleo potato salad with ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
This recipe came to mind when I was meal prepping for clients one week and had a ton of leftover mini potatoes and I was unsure what to do with all of them! Pairing this with yummy brisket or something on the grill sounds like the most amazing summer meal to me.
Whole30 potato salad ingredients:
- Mini potatoes-cut in half. Make sure your potatoes are boiled until they are soft. Do not remove the skin! I like the skin on. You can remove it if you prefer to have it off, but I like it on.
- Avocado mayo-This is an alternative for regular mayo. It is loaded with healthy fats like avocado oil vs canola oil which is used in regular mayo.
- Celery-To give everything a nice crunch.
- Cooked bacon-Bacon makes everything taste better, right? This is completely optional.
- Hard boiled eggs-I love potato salad with eggs!
- Dijon mustard-To give some flavor.
- Apple cider vinegar-To add some acid to balance out the flavors.
- Old bay seasoning-To spice it up!
- Optional-Mini pickles. I love pickles in my potato salad.
How to make paleo potato salad:
- First if your mini potatoes are not already boiled, slice them in half and boil them until soft. Once the potatoes are done, strain them and allow them to cool.
- Next, make your hard boiled eggs if they are not already made.
- Now, chop up the celery, bacon and onion real fine.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix throughout.
- Garnish with optional fresh chives and parsley.
How do I make hard boiled eggs?
- I like to make mine in the instant pot! To make the hard boiled eggs in the instant pot, add the metal trivet to the pot, pour in 5 cups of water. Then gently lay down the eggs in a single layer. Set the instant pot to high pressure for 4 minutes (usually is around 20 minutes total when you take into account the time it takes for the pressure to build up). Once the eggs are done, remove them from the instant pot and immediately place them in a bowl of ice and cold water. This will prevent them from continuing to cook. Once they are in the ice bath for 10 or so minutes, remove the shell and dice up the eggs.
How long does this Whole30 potato salad last?
- I suggest keeping it in the fridge for no more than 5 days.
What should I serve with this?
If you like this recipe you will LOVE:
Whole30 Potato Salad
- Large bowl
Optional to top off
- red pepper flakes
- chopped green onion
- Chop the potatoes in half and cook the potatoes in a boiling pot of water for 10-15 minutes if they are not already cooked. Allow the potatoes to cool. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix until mixed throughout.If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.