This recipe will teach you how to cook Filet Mignon in the Air Fryer perfectly every single time! This steak is nice and seared on the outside yet so juicy and tender on the inside. This recipe is great for those nights when you want a gourmet dinner but do not have much time to cook it.
We love making this easy steak recipe for at home date nights. It goes great with just about any side dish!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- First off, once you cook steak in the air fryer, you will never want to cook it any other way! It keeps it nice and juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- I love that this recipe is hands off- meaning you can throw it in the air fryer and walk away!
- You no longer have to worry about oil and juices splattering everywhere on the stovetop; everything is nice and condensed in the air fryer.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free, dairy free, soy free, paleo, Whole30, refined sugar free and carnivore diet friendly!
- You can have dinner on the table within 20 minutes with this recipe.
- I love keeping this recipe in my recipe deck with my other favorite steak dinners for date night! If you are like me and love steak as much as I do, you will want to check out My Date Night Steak Dinner With Garlic Aioli.
- Filet-I love getting my filet from Butcher Box. They have the best quality stuff, and it gets shipped right to your door! The beef from there is incredible- all grass fed too! I can personally taste a huge difference between grass fed and conventionally raised beef; the grass fed stuff is so much better! If you use my Butcher Box link, you can get free meat with your order every single month.
- Ghee-Or butter. I love ghee because it is dairy free, and I have a dairy sensitivity. I make my own homemade ghee using my Homemade Ghee Recipe.
- Salt-All animal protein needs salt or it will taste dull!
- Garlic powder and Black pepper-To taste.
See recipe card for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutes and Variations
- Ghee- If you don’t have dairy restrictions like I do, you can use butter instead.
- Filet- You can substitute another kind of steak, but I prefer a filet because it is so tender, juicy, and lean.
The recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
Step by Step Instructions
- Tip #1: Always let your steak sit out prior to cooking it. This allows the steak to cook more evenly.
- Tip #2: Seasoning is the key to make the steak taste even better! Do not skip.
- Tip #3: Before cutting the steak, allow it to rest for all of the juices to soak in!
- Tip #4: Remember to use your meat thermometer to check if the steak is done. This is the best way to prevent an overcooked steak!
- Tip #5: In order to get that nice, crispy pan sear on the outside. Your steaks need to be dried with a paper towel!
For a rare steak, it should temp at 120 degrees F, so cook it for 10-12 minutes.
For a medium rare steak, it should temp at 130 degrees F, so cook it for 11-14 minutes.
For a medium steak, it should temp at 140 degrees F, so cook it for 12-14 minutes.
For a medium well steak, it should temp at 150 degreesF, so cook it for 13-15 minutes.
For a well done steak, it should temp at 160 degrees F, so cook it for 14-16 minutes.
Yes! I actually have a whole separate recipe for Steak Bites With Aioli.
The recipe can last up to 5 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You Will Love
Did you try this recipe?
Leave a rating and a review below.
Air Fryer Filet Mignon
- Remove your steaks from the fridge and allow them to sit out for 30 minutes or so. Next, trim any fat if needed. Pat dry the steaks with a paper towel and sprinkle with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place in the air fryer 10-12 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Cooking times:(for a rare steak, should temp at 120 degrees F) 11-13 minutes for medium rare (for a medium rare steak, should temp at 130 degrees F), for medium steak 12-14 minutes (for a medium steak, should temp at 140 degrees F) for medium well 13-15 minutes (for a medium well steak, should temp at 150 degrees F) for well done 14-16 minutes for well done (for a well done should temp at 160 degrees F)
- The best way to check and see if the steak is done to your liking is by using a meat thermometer! Once the steak is done, pour the added ghee/ butter on top and serve!If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna