This strawberry mint mocktail is the perfect refreshing drink after a warm summer day! The raw honey takes the place of the processed sugar making this drink refined sugar free.
4 Simple Ingredients:
- Strawberries– Obviously!
- Honey– The honey takes the place of the sugar. It gives the drink a soothing taste. I have found that even regular mocktails I still feel “hungover” the next day due to the sugar rather than the alcohol itself. The honey takes care of that!
- Mint– Fresh strawberries pair so nicely with mint. It gives any drink or dish a kick. I like mint because I find it to be so soothing for my stomach.
- Filtered water & club soda- When you make the simple syrup, be sure to use filtered water. When you make the drink, mix it with club soda. DO not use tonic water. Tonic water is loaded with added sugar. The drink will be sweet enough with the syrup itself.
How to store the syrup:
- I like to store all mocktail syrups in the fridge in an airtight mason jar for up to 2 weeks in the fridge! In this recipe you will have enough syrup to make approximately 8 drinks.
- A large saucepan– This is needed to simmer the syrup.
- A large bowl (preferably with a lip)- Once the syrup is made you will drain it into a bowl, it makes it easier to pour the syrup in the mason jar when it has a lip on it. I like these bowls!
- A strainer-This will be used to strain the mint and strawberry syrup over the bowl. It is best if the strainer is just a tad smaller than the bowl so it strains easily.
- Mason jar– You can use the airtight mason jar to store the syrup for up to 2 weeks!
Keywords: strawberry mint, mojito mocktail, strawberry mocktail, paleo drink, AIP drink, autoimmune protocol
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
- Rosemary Rhubarb Mocktail
- Cherry Limeade
- Strawberry Basil Mocktail
- Rhubarb Ginger Mocktail
- Grapefruit Jalapeno Mocktail
- Watermelon Ginger Mojito
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Strawberry Mint Mocktail
- Large bowl
- Sauce pan
- Mason jar
The simple syrup:
- 2 cups diced strawberries stems removed
- 3 cups filtered water
- 10 leaves mint
- 3/4 cup honey
For the mocktail:
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 2 leaves mint
For the syrup:
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil, once it boils let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place the colander/ strainer over the bowl in the sink.
- Then, strain the syrup over the calendar/ strainer.
- Add the syrup to a mason jar.
For the mocktail:
- Mix the syrup and club soda in a pretty cocktail glass. This step is important 😉
- Add your desired garnishes on top.
- ENJOY! I would be so grateful if you gave this recipe a star rating and comment here on my blog, took a picture of the recipe and tagged me on instagram @alliannaschneider or shared the link to this recipe with a friend! Thank you so much for cooking with me 🙂