Who doesn’t love a good mocktail? These Grapefruit Mocktails are super easy to make and SO delicious! I love the tart yet sweet grapefruit combined with the spicy jalapeno. These homemade drinks make for a great summer treat. You can make this drink fresh or prep it in advance which makes it a great option for when you have company!
What Makes This Recipe So Good?
- It’s SO easy – less than 5 minutes of hands on time.
- This recipe requires ingredients that you will likely already have at home.
- This mocktail can easily be adjusted into a cocktail with a simple splash of tequila or vodka.
- If you have been following along you know I am the mocktail queen, I have dozens of other delicious yet simple mocktail recipes on my website.
- This recipe is naturally refined sugar free, paleo friendly, Whole30 friendly, and gluten free.
- You can prepare this recipe ahead of time and drink it all week long.
- I have a variety of simple syrups that are featured on my weekly meal prep menu. We deliver to the Pittsburgh area, directly to your front door.
- Grapefruit- Make sure you roll the grapefruit beforehand to get the juices flowing. Grapefruits are the most perfect combination of sweet and atrt, A ripe grapefruit will be slightly red in color. The deeper the color, the more intense their flavor. It should also be plump. Make sure you do not mistake an orange for a grapefruit, I have done that before, ha! Oranges are slightly smaller than grapefruits.
- Fresh Jalapeno– Sliced jalapenos are used as a garnish. However, the natural flavor will absorb into the beverage and provide a mild kick. This goes so well with the grapefruit, I promise!
- Club soda (optional)– This is your mixer of choice. You can use sparkling water, club soda, anything that you like. I also love it with pellegrino.
- Optional-cocktail option:
- Silver tequila or vodka.
How To Make
- Cut grapefruits in half and squeeze over a bowl.
- Mix the juiced grapefruit with club soda (or drink of choice).
- Pour into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with sliced jalapenos and enjoy.
What Can I Serve With This?
How Do I Turn This Mocktail Into A Cocktail?
- Super easy. First, decide what alcohol you want to use. Then, pour a shot of choice liquor into a cocktail glass. Fill with ice and your freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. Garnish with fresh jalapeno slices. I suggest starting out with 1 shot.
How Can I Turn This Into A Paloma?
- Absolutely! All you need to do is juice one lime and add a splash of simple syrup. I love using my homemade Honey Simple Syrup on my blog.
What Is a Paloma?
- Palomas are typically made from grapefruit flavored soda with lime juice and simple syrup. This recipe offers a healthier alternative!
Can I Add Sweetener?
- Absolutely! I prefer using a refined sugar free sweetener if I choose that route. My homemade Honey Simple Syrup is the best!
- I recommend placing a strainer in the bowl, when juicing the lemons. This will catch any seeds or lingering pulp that falls.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE
- Pineapple Margarita Mocktail
- Blackberry Mojito Mocktail
- Strawberry Mint Mocktail
- Cherry Limeade Mocktail
- Peach Basil Mocktail
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Grapefruit Jalapeno Mocktail
- 1 ½ grapefruits juiced (cut in half and squeeze over a bowl)
- 1 Cup club soda
- 1 sliced jalapeno for garnish
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Mix the juiced grapefruit and club soda in a cup with a cocktail mixing spoon. Add ice to a cocktail glass and pour into the glass.
- Add a jalapeno on top.If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna