This cucumber watermelon salad screams summer! It only takes a few minutes of hands on time and is just in time for Memorial Day weekend. We love to use this salad for all of our cookouts and BBQ needs. This watermelon and cucumber salad is naturally Whole30, paleo and AIP friendly.
- Chopped up watermelon-I like to use a one inch cookie dough scooper and scoop it out. In my opinion this makes it a lot prettier too! Alternatively you can cut it out like you normally would with a watermelon.
- Fresh mint-Adds so much flavor and the smell is amazing! Chop it up real fine.
- Cucumbers-I like to leave the skin on and then take a vegetable peeler and peel back the skin to make stripes on the side. This makes for a more fun look!
- Extra virgin olive oil and lime juice-This acts as the dressing! The lime compliments the sweetness from the watermelon oh so well.
- Salt and pepper-To taste. Omit the pepper for AIP.
How to make this watermelon mint cucumber salad:
- Juice the limes, then mix all ingredients in a bowl!
What does this watermelon salad go with?
- We love this salad with just about anything, but it especially goes great with all kinds of BBQ food!
How do you cut a watermelon?
- I like to cut it in half with a long and sharp knife. Then, I take my one inch cookie scoop and scoop it out.
How long does this last?
- I suggest serving it right away or the cucumbers may get mushy.
What other flavors go well with watermelon? Cucumbers?
- Watermelon goes great with just about anything, but especially lemon and honey is wonderful. Cucumbers are so refreshing. They are nicely paired with balsamic and dill.
If you like this salad, you will LOVE my other salads:
- Cold Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Sweet Potato, Fig, Blackberry Salad
- Best Kale Salad with Pomegranate and Carrots
Hey-you’ve made it this far! If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star ★ rating and review below. Make sure you are following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!
Cucumber Watermelon Salad
Servings 8 servings31kcal
Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- cutting board
- Cookie scooper
- 1 whole watermelon
- 2 whole limes juiced
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper to taste, omit for AIP
- 12 chopped mint leaves
- 3 cups sliced cucumber roughly one large cucumber
- Cut the watermelon in half with a knife. Then, scoop out the watermelon using a cookie scooper. Now, chop up the cucumber into bite size pieces and dice up the fresh mint. Mix remaining ingredients together in a bowl and serve.
This quick and easy cucumber and watermelon salad is perfect for summer!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 31kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 2mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Tag me on instagram @alliannaskitchen!
So fresh and delicious! The cucumber and watermelon compliment each other so well. This is the perfect summer side.
Allianna Moximchalk says
So glad you love this!
Hey there! Would love to try this recipe, but there’s no note on how much cucumber to use! Thanks!
Thank you for letting me know! I totally forgot to add that. The recipe is updated 🙂