This Paleo Gluten Free Pasta Salad is everything pasta salad should be: crunchy, easy, quick, filling, and oh so delicious. The crunchy red pepper and onions combined with the oregano and red pepper flakes makes this salad so tasty. This pasta salad is naturally paleo, vegan, and Whole30 friendly. This Whole30 pasta salad is perfect for all of your warm day and hosting needs. I love to add dived chicken into my pasta salad to make a complete meal.
This pasta salad is always a crowd pleaser. I love to bring this to any BBQ I am invited to because it pairs well with anything! I love the crunch that the vegetables give with the tartness that the vinegar adds. This pasta salad will keep you coming back for more. I’m a huge fan of pasta salad and also enjoy my Thai Pasta Salad recipe.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- This recipe is so simple but is packed full of flavor. I love the variety of texture that you get in this dish as well. From the soft pasta to the crunchy vegetables it is the full package.
- Kids will love this recipe too! Its a great way to get kids to eat additional vegetables.
- You can bring this dish to any cookout along with my favorite Gluten Free Potato Salad.
- This dish is naturally paleo, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, autoimmune protocol (AIP), and soy free.
- This is the traditional pasta salad you grew up eating without all of the unhealthy additives.
- The flavors of this recipe are simple but they pair well with any protein.
- We also have this pasta salad listed on my weekly meal prep menu. Right now, we deliver all over Pittsburgh, but will soon be shipping nationwide!
- Gluten free noodles– I am obsessed with Jovial cassava noodles.They are Whole30, paleo and vegan friendly and oh so good!
- Red wine vinegar-The red wine vinegar adds the perfect kick to this pasta salad.
- Oregano-The adds the perfect amount of flavor.
- Red pepper and sea salt-While I think these two ingredients are game changers you have to season this pasta salad to your liking. You can totally make the pasta salad without the red pepper flakes.
- Black olives, zucchini, red pepper and red onions-This combination of vegetables add the perfect amount of crunch!
- Extra virgin olive oil-This is what keeps the noodles moist and prevents them from sticking together.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
- If you prefer a different brand of gluten free noodle other than jovial cassava noodles, you can use your noodle of choice such as brown rice pasta.
- This dish is versatile, so you can choose to add additional vegetables such as tomatoes or cucumbers for even more crunch and flavor.
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions and variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
Step by Step Instructions
- Tip # 1: Once you strain your pasta, you will want to mix the red wine vinegar and EVOO in ASAP. This will prevent the pasta from sticking together.
- Tip # 2: I love dried oregano! But if you do not like a strong oregano flavor, you can lessen the amount that you mix into the pasta salad to start and adjust from there.
- Tip # 3: You will want to make sure to cook your pasta until it is al dente to prevent from having soft or soggy pasta in your salad especially since it will be sitting in a dressing.
No! Cassava flour pasta is different from regular pasta. When you are boiling cassava flour pasta you will want to make sure to not add EVOO to the boiling water because that can cause the pasta to get soggy.
It shouldn’t, but if you go to serve the pasta salad and it seems dry, you can add more EVOO and red wine vinegar to add moisture back in.
I love to just place it all in a servings bowl that comes with a lid. That way I can mix and serve the pasta salad in the same dish.
- This dish can be stored in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Other Salad Recipes You Will Love
Want a free guide of my go to healthy alternatives?
Paleo Pasta Salad (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- stock pot
- 1 pound gluten free pasta see above about different options, use jovial for AIP
- 1 cup red pepper diced, omit for aip
- 1 cup purple onion diced
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- 4 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp pink sea salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes omit for aip
- Cook the pasta according to instructions on the box. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Store the salad in an air tight container for up to a week.