This blood orange mojito mocktail is perfect for all occasions. The blood orange and mint compliments the lime and honey simple syrup oh so nicely. This drink is naturally refined sugar free and only takes minutes to prep and make.
What You Will Need To Make A Blood Orange Mojito Mocktail:
- Blood oranges-Blood oranges are what makes this mocktail. I like to think of blood oranges as the lesser sweet version of regular oranges. They are just as good but not as sweet yet so much prettier.
- Mint-The mint adds the perfect touch to this mocktail.
- Lime-Lime is what makes a mojito a mojito. Do nor skip!
- Club soda-Never substitute club soda for tonic water. It is not the same. Tonic water is loaded with sugar. This drink is sweet enough, you do not need the added sugar 🙂
- Honey simple syrup- We keep a batch of this in the fridge at all times, you can use it in just about any drink. It is the perfect paleo simple syrup alternative. In this recipe it compliments the blood oranges oh so nicely.
How To Make This Blood Orange Mojito Mocktail:
- As I mentioned above, I like to keep the simple syrup in my fridge at all times.
- First, you will want to juice your limes and blood oranges. You can simply squeeze them or use this citrus juicer here.
- Next, mix all ingredients in a large cup with a cocktail spoon.
How To Make The Dehydrated Blood Orange Garnishes:
- These are totally optional but in my opinion make this drink more fun!
- First, preheat the oven to 200.
- Next, cut the blood oranges into thin slices.
- Now, lay out the slices on a baking sheet in a single layer and cook for 2-3 hours. The time will depend on how thick your oranges are.
If you like this mocktail, you will LOVE:
Blood Orange Mojito Mocktail
- Large cup to mix
- Mixing spoon
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 1 can club soda
- 1 whole lime juiced
- 1/4 cup honey simple syrup see notes below
- 1/2 cup blood orange juice roughly 5 oranges, juiced
- 1 Blood oranges
- 6 pieces fresh mint
For the mocktail:
- Place all ingredients in a large cup to mix, mix with a spoon. Pour ingredients into a fun glass.
Foe the dehydrated blood oranges garnish:
- Preheat the oven to 200. Slice up the oranges. Place the oranges in a single layer and cook for 2-3 hours. The time will depend on how thick the oranges are.