The combination of tart and sweet makes for the most refreshing summer treat! This Cherry Limeade Mocktail is the perfect crowd pleasing drink!!
This past weekend we went cherry picking and I ended up with an excess of beautiful delicious cherries. I decided to make this drink and my favorite No bake gluten free and vegan Cherry Lime Cheesecake. The number one thing I love about combining cherries with limes is the combination of sweet and tart!
If you have been following along for awhile you probably saw that I gave up alcohol back in September 2019 and that is what inspired me to start making my own drinks! While there are a lot of mocktail recipes out there, most of them are loaded with refined sugar and if you are like me you get a hangover from sugar itself. What I love about my drink recipes is that they are all refined sugar free! I used honey instead of sugar and it makes for the most perfect simple syrup, without the sugar hangover and all 🙂
If you like this recipe you will love:
Cherry Limeade Mocktail
For the syrup:
- 2 cups of sweet cherries pits removed (cut the cherry in half and pop out the pit)
- ½ cup honey
- 3 cups purified water
- **Note this makes more than enough syrup for the recipe. You can store the extra in the fridge for up to a week.
For the drink:
- 18 ounces of soda water 1.5 12 ounce cans
- 1 cup of the cherry syrup
- 2 limes juiced
- Using a pot on the stove, place all syrup drinks in a pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Let the syrup cool in the pot for 20 minutes.
- Place a strainer over a large metal bowl and strain the syrup.
- Pour the syrup into a mason jar and store in the fridge if you are not using the syrup right away.
- Add an ice cube to 3 different glasses, divide up the drink between the 3 glasses.
- If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean so much to me if you tagged me on instagram @alliannaschneider, shared this link with a friend or leave a comment below!