This Apple Cider Margarita Mocktail is super easy to make and something everyone will love! I love making it during the holiday season when I am all cuddled up near the fireplace. These margaritas pair well with just about anything and only take 10 minutes to make.
If you have been following along for a while you have probably seen I gave up alcohol a year ago, however, that has not stopped me from enjoying a nice refreshing mocktail during happy hour. Since COVID has been a thing, my fiancee Mitchell and I have been making a lot of fun drinks at home! This is one of our new fall go-to drink! You can find a complete blog post where I wrote about my journey with going alcohol free.
Why This Recipe Works
- This recipe is naturally dairy free, gluten free, soy free, paleo, vegan and alcohol free.
- You can make this recipe in less than 10 minutes!
- This fun mocktail pairs so well with just about anything.
- I love drinking this drink all fall long while enjoying my favorite fall treats like my Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread, Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecakes, and Gluten Free Apple Crisp.
- You can make this recipe in advance so you can enjoy a fun mocktail all week long.
- Apple cider- I like to get my apple cider from our local farm, Sorgels. Be sure to get a brand that does not have any extra added sugar!
- Limes- This is what makes margaritas, margaritas! I like my drinks to be pretty lime-y. Make sure your limes are ripe. I suggest juicing and adding 2 limes first and if you still want more of a lime kick, add in another lime for 3 limes total.
- Coconut sugar– coconut sugar is my favorite kind of refined sugar free, sugar. I use it in all of my baking recipes. It has become a staple in our kitchen.
- Ground cinnamon- Adds the perfect touch to this drink!
See the full recipe card below with a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Variations And Substitutions
- Coconut sugar-if you are not concerned about your drink being refined sugar free, you can use brown sugar in place of the coconut sugar.
- Fun garnishes-I love using anise, apples and cinnamon sticks.
This recipe has not been tested with any other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know by leaving a comment below!
Step By Step Instructions
- Citrus juicer-Optional but this will make your life so much easier! It cuts down the time it takes to juice a lime or lemon and gets all of the juice out.
- Tip #1: Make sure the limes are ripe prior to using. The best way to tell if limes are ripe is by the hardness of them. They should be somewhat softer. To accelerate the ripening process, you can sit the limes out of the fridge.
- Tip #2: If you like your drink more tart than sweet, you can add more lime juice.
Any kind of apple cider will work. I love to get apple cider from local farms and orchards. I find that it tastes the best and it is the cleanest too!
Yes, you can! I personally prefer it as a mocktail as I try to avoid alcohol but you can add tequila to this drink.
I love drinking this homemade margarita for Thanksgiving and all Fall long! It goes well with my Gluten Free Apple Crisp, Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake Jars, and Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread.
- You make this mocktail in advance and store it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- I suggest storing this recipe in an air tight glass container in the fridge. I like to use a mason jar.
Other Holiday Mocktails You Will Love
be sure to get a free copy of my go to healthy swap guide below
Apple Cider Margarita Mocktail
- mixing bowl
- cocktail ice cube tray
For the margarita:
- 3 whole limes juiced
- 4 cups apple cider make sure their is no added sugar!
For the fancy rim:
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
For the fancy rim:
- First, get a small bowl and fill with water. Then, get another small bowl (but wide enough to dip the glass in) and mix the coconut sugar and cinnamon. Now, dip the glass into the water about ¼ inch deep, then dip into the cinnamon and coconut sugar mixture.
For the drink:
- Mix the lime and apple cider in a bowl and slowly pour into the pretty cocktail glass with the pre-decorated rim and add an ice cube and fun garnish on top.
So happy to have found a margarita mocktail!
Allianna Moximchalk says
Its delicious! Thanks for taking time to review