This apple margarita mocktail is the perfect combination between sweet and tart. With the drink only taking ten minutes to prep, these drinks are perfect for any fall occasion!
If you have been following along for a while you have probably seen I gave up alcohol a year ago, however, that has not stopped me from enjoying a nice refreshing mocktail during happy hour. Since COVID has been a thing, my fiancee Mitchell and I have been making a lot of fun drinks at home! This is one of our new fall go-to’s!
The Apple Margarita Mocktail Ingredients:
- Apple cider: I like to get my apple cider from our local farm, Sorgels. Be sure to get a brand that does not have any extra added sugar!
- Limes: This is what makes margaritas, margaritas! I like my drinks to be pretty lime-y. Make sure your limes are ripe. I suggest juicing and adding 2 limes first and if you still want more of a lime kick, add in another lime for 3 limes total.
For The Fun Rim:
- Coconut sugar: coconut sugar is my favorite kind of refined sugar free, sugar. I use it in all of my baking recipes. It has become a staple in our kitchen.
- Ground cinnamon: Adds the perfect touch to this drink!
- Anise: which are typically used in Italian Christmas cookies are becoming my favorite thing to use for fall garnishes! You can find them in the spice section of your grocery store.
- Apples: you can also chop up some red apples to add an added touch on top.
- Cinnamon sticks: add the perfect touch! They can also be found in the spice section of your grocery store.
How To Make Apple Margaritas:
- I like to use a large mixing bowl with a lip to mix the apple cider and limes in. For me it is easier to pour the drink in the glass without messing up the rim. I like these bowls with a rim from amazon.
- All you have to do is juice the limes, mix together the ingredients and set aside.
- Before you pour the drink into the fun cocktail glass, you want to dip the fancy rim. First, get a small bowl and fill with water. Then, get another small bowl (but wide enough to dip the glass in) and mix the coconut sugar and cinnamon. Now, dip the glass into the water about ¼ inch deep, then dip into the cinnamon and coconut sugar mixture.
- Now add a cocktail ice cube to each glass and pour in the drink using the bowl with the lip.
- You can now add your favorite garnishes!
How To Store:
- If you have extra left over, you can store the drink in an airtight mason jar for up to two weeks. ENJOY!
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other favorite fall recipes:
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Apple Cider Margarita Mocktail
- mixing bowl
- cocktail ice cube tray
For the margarita:
- 3 whole limes juiced
- 4 cups apple cider make sure their is no added sugar!
For the fancy rim:
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
For the fancy rim:
- First, get a small bowl and fill with water. Then, get another small bowl (but wide enough to dip the glass in) and mix the coconut sugar and cinnamon. Now, dip the glass into the water about ¼ inch deep, then dip into the cinnamon and coconut sugar mixture.
For the drink:
- Mix the lime and apple cider in a bowl and slowly pour into the pretty cocktail glass with the pre-decorated rim.
- Add a cocktail ice cube!
- ENJOY! If you make this recipe I would love it if you shared the link to this recipe with a friend, left a comment below or tagged me on instagram with a picture @alliannaskitchen