This dairy free lobster bisque is literally the best soup EVER! The coconut cream combined with the old bay seasoning, lemon juice, shallots and chives is oh so delicious. You can have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes!
What makes this dairy free lobster bisque so stinkin good:
- -The creaminess! Coconut cream does wonders for that.
- -The lemon and old bday combination really make this whole30 soup recipe!
Dairy free lobster bisque ingredients:
- Coconut cream-My go to dairy free cream alternative. I like the canned stuff from Trader Joe’s. It is literally just coconut and water!
- Tail on lobster-You can get it without the tail but I prefer to cook it with.
- Old bay seasoning-That is what makes this paleo soup!
- Lemon juice-To compliment the seafood.
- Bone broth-To break up some of the creaminess.
- Sea salt-To taste.
- Shallots-To give this soup some flavor. You can use red onion.
- Tomato paste-This gives the soup flavor and also helps with the coloring.
- Arrowroot powder-To thicken the soup.
- Celery-To add more flavor and nutrients.
- Garlic-To taste.
- Ghee-To saute the shallots, garlic and celery in.
How to make:
- First, place the shallots, minced garlic and celery in a pan on medium heat with ghee. Sautee for 3 minutes.
- Then, add the shallots, garlic and celery to a stock pan with all of the other ingredients except the arrowroot and bring to a boil on medium heat. You will be able to tell the lobster is done when The shell turns bright red.
- Remove the lobster shell from the pot, using an immersion blender, blend up all of the vegetables. Now, add the arrowroot in and mix.
- Remove the lobster from its shell and cut into chunks.
- Serve with optional fresh chives and red pepper flakes.
What should I eat with homemade dairy free lobster bisque?
- So many options! You could dip my homemade gluten free tortillas in it or just eat it plain.
How long does it last for?
- I suggest eating this paleo soup within 3 days. Be sure to store it in an airtight glass container in the fridge.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other dairy free soups:
- Paleo thai shrimp soup
- Almond butter chicken pumpkin soup
- Thai creamy paleo chicken soup
- Whole30 chili
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Dairy Free Lobster Bisque
- Saute pan
- Stock pan
- Add 1 tbsp ghee to bottom sauté pan on medium heat and add garlic, shallots, and celery. Cook until translucent and scrape into your sauce pan. Add the remaining ingredients except the arrowroot to the pan and cook uncovered for 4 minutes until the lobster turns pin/ red and curl up. Pull the lobster tails out of the broth and set aside. Add the arrowroot powder to the broth and stir together. Once thickened, use an immersion blender to create a smooth broth. Cut the lobster tails in half using a sharp knife and pull the tail meat out of the shell. You can choose to dice the lobster meat as large or small as you prefer or you can also add it to the pot and use the immersion blender to mix it into the broth if you prefer a smooth bisque.
- If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.