This creamy and tangy Whole30 coleslaw goes great with just about anything. The combination of the avocado mayonnaise with the mustard makes for the most creamy taste. The dill and apple cider adds a tangy touch. We like to use this recipe as a topper for all things having to do with tacos! This recipe is naturally Paleo friendly too.
This recipe was originally published on March 10th 2020, and updated on April 11th 2021 to improve user experience.
- Shredded cabbage bag-I like to buy the shredded cabbage bag from Trader Joe’s. It is already partially shredded and saves a bunch of time! You can use whole cabbages, but you would have to cut them with a knife or shred them in the food processor.
- Avocado mayonnaise– Avocado mayonnaise is a great alternative for regular store bought mayonnaise. It is creamy and made from avocado oil instead of canola oil which is extremely inflammatory.
- Apple cider vinegar-This adds a nice tangy touch.
- Dill-I love adding dried dill to add to the tangy apple cider vinegar flavor.
- Mustard-The mustard combined with the avocado mayo makes for an even more smooth and creamy taste as well as adding some flavor.
How to make paleo coleslaw:
- First, decide if you would like to use a good old cutting board and knife or a food processor to break down the cabbage.
- If you are using a knife, cut the cabbage into small pieces.
- If you are using a food processor, place it in there for 10 seconds and pulse.
- Once the cabbage is shredded, add the avocado mayo, mustard, apple cider vinegar and dill and mix in until smooth.
*NOTE- If you are not able to buy the bagged pre chopped cabbage, you can buy a whole cabbage and chop it up. This way is more fresh but is a little more work.
What should I serve this with?
- We love to serve this with tacos and even eat it plain as a side in the summer.
How long does the slaw last?
- The slaw should last in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
If you like this Whole30 side dish, you will LOVE my other side dishes:
Hey-you’ve made it this far! If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star ★ rating and review below. Make sure you are following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
- Cutting board and knife or food processor
- 1 bag shredded cabbage I like the Trader Joe's brand
- 1/2 cup avocado mayo
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dill
- Either chop up the slaw into small pieces on a cutting board with a knife or place in the food processor for 10 seconds. Place the cabbage in a bowl and add the avocado mayo, apple cider vinegar, mustard, and dill. Store in your fridge for up to 5 days.
I made this for Memorial Day weekend and it was delicious
I am so glad you enjoyed it!
Such an easy delicious side. It is light and crunchy and sooo good!
Allianna Moximchalk says
Thank you for your review!