This Key Lime Pie Mocktail is exactly what you need on a warm summer day! This baby is naturally dairy free and oh so delicious. It tastes just like the real thing, key lime pie. On top of that, it is super simple to make, requiring only 5 minutes of hands on time.
If you have been following along for a while you know how obsessed I am with mocktails. I took a poll on instagram the other asking what kind of recipes you guys wanted to see this spring and summer and this was one of them! This may be my new favorite. Be sure to check out all of my other favorite mocktails on my website!
Why This Recipe Works
- This recipe only takes 5 minutes to make!
- My homemade mocktail tastes just like key lime pie, although it is much lighter and actually refreshing.
- This recipe is naturally dairy free, gluten free, soy free, egg free, paleo, refined sugar free and vegan.
- You can prep this drink in advance so you can have it all ready to go for dinner!
- If you are a big pie fan, like me, and want to enjoy this mocktail with a slice of actual pie, you have to check out my Homemade Grain Free Pie Crust. It is so simple to make!
- Coconut milk-This is what gives the drink the creamy pie like flavor. I like the coconut milk because it is nice and light.
- Limes-The limes are what makes this drink! I always prefer fresh juice over store bought. If you do buy store bought, make sure there are not any added sugars.
- Pineapple juice-This is what sweetens this drink. You can obviously make your own with a juicer, or you can buy organic pineapple juice. Just make sure nothing funky is added to it.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions And Variations
- Coconut sugar-for the rim. You can also also use brown sugar if you are not avoiding refined sugars.
- Coconut whipped cream– to garnish and drizzle on top.
- Dairy free graham crackers– to sprinkle.
- Fresh flowers- to garnish.
- Coconut milk-If you are not dairy free, you can use heavy cream.
This recipe has not been tested with any other substitutions or variations. If you try something else out please let me know how it turns out in the comments below!
Step By Step Instructions
Fun Citrus Treats To Pair With
- Healthy Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Gluten Free Lemon Bars
- Gluten Free Raspberry Lemon Muffins
- Vegan No Bake Cherry Lime Cheesecake
- A large cocktail mixer- While this is not a must, it makes it easier to mix the mocktail!
- Citrus juicer-If you are using fresh limes this will make it so much easier to juice them!
- Tip #1: Make sure your limes are ripe! The best way to tell if your limes are ripe is by the texture. They should be somewhat soft. If you leave limes sit out on your counter it will help them ripen faster.
- Tip #2: The sugar rim is what makes this drink! Do not skip this step.
Yes! However, be sure to wait to mix it with ice and add the garnish until you are ready to drink it.
I love pure pineapple juice that comes in a can. Make sure whatever kind you buy is free of any additives.
This drink is perfect for bridal showers, baby showers or just a girls tea part and brunch!
- This recipe can last in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Be sure to store this drink in an air tight container to preserve it’s freshness!
Other Fun Mocktails You Will Love
if you are into healthy eating, be sure to download my FREE healthy swap guide
Key Lime Pie Mocktail
- fun cocktail glass
For the drink:
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice Make sure it is pure pineapple juice with no sugar added!
- 1/4 cup coconut milk Can use almond milk.
- 3 whole limes Rolled, and juiced.
For the garnish: (OPTIONAL)
- lime slices
- coconut whipped cream
- gluten free graham crackers sprinkled
- Place the coconut milk, pineapple juice, and lime juice in a glass and mix. Pour into a fun cocktail glass, add an ice cube. Garnish as desired!
So good – the coconut milk makes this mocktail so creamy and delish
Allianna Moximchalk says
Thank you for your review!