These Gluten Free Pigs In A Blanket are super fun and easy to make! This classic appetizer is a must for any get together, no one will even know they are grain and gluten free. The grass fed mini sausages combined with the crispy cassava flour crust is so delicious.
What Makes This Recipe So Good?
- First off, it only requires 30 minutes of hands-on time.
- This recipe is so dang good and a must for any occasion.
- This recipe is super friendly for kids too, kids love them.
- If you like this recipe, you will also LOVE one of my other favorite appetizers- Bacon Wrapped Dates.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free, dairy free, grain free, Whole30, and paleo friendly.
- I love making this recipe for get-togethers or date nights. My husband loves them.
- This recipe pairs so well with ketchup, honey mustard and all of your favorite sauces.
- Cocktail sausages-I love the Teton brand. Costco carries them. All of their hot dogs and sausages are grass fed and grass finished! No funky ingredients. You can locate the sausages with this link.
- Cassava flour– Cassava flour is my go to with gluten free and grain free cooking. I find that it is the easiest to work with. The crust gets super crispy. Be sure to leave a little for the cutting board or counter you are working on so that it does not stick.
- Garlic powder & salt-For flavor.
- Water & olive oil-To moisten the flour. Note any kind of oil will work but olive oil is my favorite because of its flavor profile.
- Ghee-This is my go to fat of choice for making these little mini pigs in a blanket nice and crispy. While technically any kind of fat would work, I suggest sticking to butter or ghee.
How To Make:
- First, place all ingredients aside from the sausages and ghee in a bowl and mix until smooth with your hand. Set the dough aside for 1 hour to allow it to set.
- After the dough has set, mix it into a disc-like shape. Then cut the disc into fifths.
- Now, roll out the 5ths into a circle. If the dough is sticking, sprinkle cassava flour on top to prevent it from sticking.
- Cut the circle into long rectangles to wrap around the mini sausages.
- Set the sausages aside.
- Place the wrapped sausages in the air fryer at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. Spray with cooking oil on top prior to cooking.
- If you do not have an air fryer, you can use a baking sheet but will need to flip them halfway at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes-be sure to flip halfway.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
How Can I Make Gluten Free Pigs In A Blanket Without Yeast?
- Yeast makes flour rise, in this recipe we do not need much rising. It comes out perfect as is.
Can I Make This Recipe In Advance?
- Yes! This recipe will last in the fridge for up to 5 days.
How Can I Reheat?
- I suggest reheating in the oven or the air fryer at 350 for 5-10 minutes.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other fun finger foods:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Gluten Free Pigs In A Blanket
- air fryer or baking sheet
- Mix all ingredients aside from the cocktail sausages & ghee in a bowl until smooth. Allow to sit for one hour. Once the hour is up, roll the dough into a disc. Then cut the disc into 5ths. Then take each 5th and roll out. Using a knife cut a strand of the dough. Wrap the dough around the mini sausage. Place in the air fryer in a single layer. Spray the cooking oil on top of the sausages and bake on 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. If you do not have an air fryer, cook on a non stick baking sheet. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna