These Keto Crispy Chicken Tenders are so easy and simple to make! They require less than 10 minutes of hands on time and less than 15 minutes of oven time. We love making these AIP chicken tenders for weeknight dinners or when we are having friends over with kids. This recipe is super kid and adult friendly.
How To Make These Crispy AIP Chicken Tenders
If you have been following along on instagram for awhile you have seen by now that I am obsessed with my air fryer. I am so obsessed that I recently just bought a new one that is double in size so I can air fry more at once. The insert to prop up the chicken so it evenly fries on both sides is the key here. You want to make sure you add the insert. See the picture below.
Next, you want to preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F.
Now, you want to remove the chicken from the packaging, spread on a cutting board and spray with the olive oil or oil of choice. Then add your mix of seasonings to the side facing up. Once the air fryer is preheated you want to add the seasoned side face down to the air fryer and spray the other side and add the seasoning. Cook for 6 minutes.
Once the 6 minutes is up, you want to flip the chicken, spray another layer of oil, add another layer of spices and cook for an additional 6 minutes.
What Do I Need to Make AIP Chicken
First things first, I highly suggest using chicken tenderloins vs. chicken breasts. They are smaller and personally I feel like they cook better and if you are going to cut up the chicken anyways for a salad or bowl, you can’t go wrong here! If you only have chicken breasts, that is okay just cut them in half so they are not as dense. If you do not want to cut them, you may need to adjust the cooking times.
Olive oil- I love using Trader Joe’s olive oil spray. I refer to it as the pam of paleo cooking. I use it nearly on everything!
I love to season my chicken breasts in garlic powder and sea salt. You can essentially use any spices but I highly recommend adding plenty of spices with flavor.
Keywords: aip recipes, aip chicken, aip diet recipes, aip chicken recipes, paleo chicken recipes, paleo air fryer recipes, aip diet recipes, aip recipe, crispy paleo chicken, whole30 chicken salad, paleo chicken salad, aip salad, aip chicken salad, whole30 salad
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Crispy Keto Chicken Tenders
- Air fryer If you do not have an air fryer you can use a cookie rack in the oven over a sheetpan
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins I like the tenderloins because they cook more evenly. If you use breasts, make sure to add more cooking time and cut them into strips.
- 1/4 cup garlic powder this seems like a lot, but trust me it will make your chicken come out tasting so delicious!
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- oil spray of choice I like Trader Joe's olive oil spray.
- Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees F. Add the pop up stainless steel grate to the air fryer so that the chicken can cook evenly. See the pictures above. If your air fryer has trays, do not worry about this step. Take the chicken tenderloins out of the package and place on a cutting board or plate and pat dry.
- Generously coat the side facing up with the olive oil spray or spray of choice. Now, mix up the garlic and the sea salt in a bowl. Take a spoon and generously coat the chicken in the seasoning mix (don't use it all, we will have to do this 3 times.) Lay the seasoned chicken face down on the stainless steel grate in the air fryer. Now, evenly coat the top of the chicken with the EVOO and mixed seasonings (leave some seasoning because you are going to have to do this again.)
- Cook for 6 minutes. Once the 6 minutes is up, flip the chicken and spray the other side again with a tiny bit of goal and distribute the remaining seasoning. Cook for an additional 6 minutes. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna