These Gluten Free Crispy Keto Chicken Tenders are so easy and simple to make. Requiring less than 10 minutes of hands-on time and only ingredients that you likely have in your fridge, this recipe is a no-brainer for busy weeknights. This recipe is so versatile you can eat these chicken tenders as is (kids love them) or even toss them on top of a salad.
What Makes This Recipe So Good?
- These chicken tenders are SO easy to prepare. They are great for the nights when you do not have much time to cook but still want something delicious and homemade.
These Paleo Chicken Tenders are so juicy. Chicken is one of the easiest things to overcook and in this recipe, the chicken is cooked perfectly.
- You likely already have on hand everything you need for this recipe-chicken breasts and spices.
- You can make this recipe two different ways-in the oven or in the air fryer. The air fryer is my personal favorite, that way you do not have to wait for the oven to preheat.
- This recipe was inspired by my favorite Crispy Crack Chicken, if you are big fan of juicy chicken-check it out!
- This recipe is naturally dairy free, gluten free, paleo, low carb, Whole30 friendly, and autoimmune protocol (AIP) friendly.
- Check out my weekly meal prep menu, if you are in the Pittsburgh area. We have all kinds of chicken meals that are delivered right to your door!
- Chicken breast– You can also use chicken tenderloins. If you are using chicken breasts make sure you cut the breasts into two longer pieces. If you are using tenderloins be sure that the tendon is removed. If you do not remove it, it will be hard to bite into. I love to get all of my chicken breasts and tenderloins from Butcher Box. They sell the best quality stuff and they ship it right to your door. If you use my Butcher Box link, you can save on your order every month!
- Garlic powder & sea salt- The seasoning! The air fryer makes this coating so crispy and delicious. If you like your meals spicy you can add a little bit of paprika or black pepper.
- EVOO spray- This holds the seasoning onto the chicken. I love to get my olive oil spray from Costco or Trader Joe’s. I refer to it as the pam of paleo cooking. I use it nearly on everything!
How To Make AIP Chicken Tenders
- For the oven-
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F. Place a metal cooling rack (make sure it is metal, not painted. If it is painted it will melt) on a baking sheet.
- For the air fryer-
- Preheat to 360 degrees F. Add the pop up stainless steel grate attachment so that the chicken can cook evenly. If your air fryer has trays, do not worry about this step.
- For the oven-
- Take chicken out of the package and place on a cutting board. Pat dry. If you are using chicken breasts, slice into 2 longer pieces. If you are using tenderloins remove the tendon or your chicken will be chewy.
- Generously coat the side facing up of the grate or cooking rack with olive oil spray, or spray of choice.
- Add the chicken to the sheet pan or the air fryer. Mix sea salt and garlic powder together and generously coat the chicken side facing up. Don’t use all of the seasoning – we will have to do this 2 more times.
- Lay the seasoned chicken face-down on the stainless steel grate in the air fryer or baking rack. Now, coat this side of the chicken with olive oil spray and seasonings.
- Cook for 6 minutes. Once 6 minutes is up, flip chicken. Spray with EVOO spray and coat with remaining seasoning. Cook for an additional 6 minutes.
What Is The Best Way To Make This Recipe?
- If you have been following along on instagram for awhile you have seen by now that I am obsessed with my air fryer. I am so obsessed that I recently just bought a new one that is double in size so I can air fry more at once. The insert to prop up the chicken so it evenly fries on both sides is the key.
What Can I Serve With Gluten Free Chicken Tenders?
What Else Can I Do With This Recipe?
What Is The Perk Of Using Chicken Breasts Over Tenderloins?
- Tenderloins can be a bit chewy whereas chicken breasts are a lot more tender.
- The chicken tenders should be crispy! When the final 6 minutes is up, if they are not crispy enough, put them in for another 4 minutes.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
Crispy Keto Chicken Tenders
- Air fryer If you do not have an air fryer you can use a cookie rack in the oven over a sheetpan
- 1 pound chicken breasts Or tenderloins. Be sure to remove the tendon if you use the tenderloins. For the breasts be sure to slice them longways in half or thirds depending on the size.
- 1/4 cup garlic powder this seems like a lot, but trust me it will make your chicken come out tasting so delicious!
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- oil spray of choice I like Trader Joe's olive oil spray.
- Preheat your air fryer or oven to 360 degrees F. For the air fryer-Add the pop up stainless steel grate to the air fryer so that the chicken can cook evenly. See the pictures above. If your air fryer has trays, do not worry about this step. For the oven-place a metal cooling rack on a baking sheet. Spray either the baking sheet or air fryer grate with the oil. Take the chicken out of the package and place on a cutting board or plate and pat dry. If you are using tenderloins remove the tendons, if you are using chicken breasts slice the breasts long ways in half.
- Generously coat the side facing up with the olive oil spray or spray of choice. Now, mix up the garlic and the sea salt in a bowl. Take a spoon and generously coat the chicken in the seasoning mix (don't use it all, we will have to do this 3 times.) Lay the seasoned chicken face down on the stainless steel grate in the air fryer or baking sheet Now, evenly coat the top of the chicken with the EVOO and mixed seasonings (leave some seasoning because you are going to have to do this again.)
- Cook for 6 minutes. Once the 6 minutes is up, flip the chicken and spray the other side again with a tiny bit of goal and distribute the remaining seasoning. Cook for an additional 6 minutes. The chicken should reach 165 degrees F when it is done. The best way to tell it is done is with a meat thermometer. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna