This healthy chicken parmesan recipe has a Whole30 twist! This paleo chicken parmesan recipe is crispy, filling, easy and quick! With this recipe you can have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Whole30 chicken parmesan ingredients:
For the chicken-
- Chicken breasts-I get my monthly shipment of all of my favorite meats and seafood from Butcher Box. Every month they send me a variety of the highest quality proteins. I love it because all I have to do is defrost!
- Cassava flour-Cassava flour is widely used in the autoimmune protocol but I actually prefer it over almond flour in paleo baking. I feel it gets a lot crispier and isn’t as heavy. This is my go to flour for this recipe. I do not suggest substituting it with another flour as it does not have a 1:1 substitution ratio with other flours.
- Coconut milk-I like the canned coconut milk from Trader Joe’s because there are not any funny ingredients! It is clean. You can use almond milk if you tolerate almonds and are not doing AIP.
- Red sauce-I love Rao’s red sauce. It simply tastes the best! If you are doing AIP, you can substitute this with a no tomato red sauce.
- Garlic and sea salt-To flavor the crispy cassava breeding!
- Ghee-My go to fat for pan searing the chicken. You can use avocado oil if you choose.
For the cashew cheese-
If you are doing AIP, skip this and you can substitute the cashew cheese with nutritional yeast.
- Cashews-I like to get a giant container from Costco.
- Olive oil-My go to fat of choice. You can use avocado oil.
- Garlic-Tons of garlic to give it so much flavor.
- Lemon juice-For flavor.
- Water-To help form the cashews into a cream.
- Sea salt-To taste.
For the spaghetti-
- I am OBSESSED with this Jovial. It is paleo, Whole30 and autoimmune protocol friendly. I like to buy it from Thrive, if you use my link here you will save $25 in your first order.
How to make:
- First, preheat the oven to 350.
- Follow the instructions on the box of pasta and cook the pasta.
- Add the cassava flour, salt, and garlic powder to a bowl and mix.
- Place the coconut milk in a bowl and the cassava flour in a separate bowl.
- Add the ghee to a non-stick pan on medium heat, allow the pan to get really hot.
- While the pan is heating up, dip the chicken breasts into the coconut milk with one hand and with the other hand dip them into the cassava flour mixture. Place the breasts on a place.
- Then, re-dip them in the cassava flour mixture.
- Once the pan is really hot, and the ghee is melted, add the chicken breasts to the pan and do NOT move for 4 minutes. Then, with tongs, flip the chicken breasts very carefully to ensure the breading doesn’t stick. If the pan looks dry, add more ghee. Cook for an additional 4 more minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, pour half of the red sauce in the bottom of a baking pan. Once the chicken is done searing add the chicken breasts to the pan and drizzle more red sauce on top.
- Place the chicken in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the cashew cheese ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed for 2 or so minutes or until it is a nacho cheese like consistency.
- Once the chicken reaches 165 degrees, remove from the oven. Plate the paleo chicken parmesan with fresh basil, optional additional red sauce and the cashew cheese.
Can I use the same pan I cook the chicken with in the oven?
- Absolutely! As long as your pans are oven safe.
How long does this last in the fridge?
- I suggest eating this within 5 days and keeping noodles separate prior to serving.
What is the autoimmune protocol (AIP) version?
- All you need to do is replace the red sauce with no tomato sauce.
What kind of blender do you use to make dairy free cheese?
- I use this one! I have had it for years and love it.
What should I serve with paleo chicken parmesan?
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
- Paleo chicken piccata
- Whole30 Pesto Chicken Salad
- Paleo Crispy Bacon Chicken Ranch Wraps
- Crispy Garlic AIP Chicken Thighs
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Paleo chicken parmasean
- non-stick pan
- high speed blender
For the chicken:
For the sauce: use no tomato sauce for AIP, see links above
- 2 cups Rao's red sauce It is the best!
For the cashew cheese: (use nutritional yeast for AIP)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch sea salt
For the spaghetti:
- 1 box jovial cassava noodles use my link here for Thrive and save $25 off your first order.
For the noodles:
- Cook the noodles according to the direction on the box.
For the chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 350. While the pan is heating up, place the cassava flour, garlic and salt in a bowl and the coconut milk in a separate bowl. Place your non-stick pan on the stove with ghee on medium heat. Allow the pan to get nice and hot (it will stick if it is not hot enough.) With one hand dip the chicken breasts in the coconut milk, then into the cassava mixture. Set the chicken on a plate, then re-dip it into the cassava mixture. Once the pan is nice and hot, add the chicken to the pan. Let it sit for 4 minutes, then flip it and cook for another 4 minutes for a total of 8 minutes. Once the 8 minutes is up, Pour 1/2 of the red sauce in the oven safe pan with the chicken. Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
For the cheese: (SKIP FOR AIP)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend for 3 minutes on high. You may need to scrape down the sides to get all of the nuts mixed in.
- Serve the chicken over a bed of noodles, add the remaining red sauce on top and top off with the cashew cheese.
- If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.