These Air Fried Green Beans are super simple to make and only take less than 5 minutes of hands on prep! This recipe is a staple for my personal cheffing clients. The lemon juice combined with the dill is oh so delicious.
These green beans are versatile and can be paired with so many dishes or are great just eaten on their own for a snack! They pair well with any protein you are serving!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- It is easy!
- It has less than 10 ingredients.
- Kids will love this recipe.
- It is naturally paleo, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and Whole30.
- I love to pair this dish with seafood like my Whole30 Salmon Cake recipe.
- This is a great recipe for a weeknight or when hosting a dinner party!
- Green beans-I prefer french green beans with the tail on. You can trim them or you can leave them the way they are.
- Lemon juice-In my opinion this is what makes the recipe but you can for sure make them plain!
- Sea salt-To taste.
- Dill weed-I am obsessed with this lemon dill combo, it is so good!
- Avocado oil-To oil the beans. You can substitute with any kind of oil.
- Almond slivers-I love the nice added crunch.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
- You can add additional seasonings, such as black pepper or lemon pepper, if you want more flavor.
- If you do not like nuts, you can omit that ingredient.
This recipe has not been tested with any other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
Step by Step Instructions
- Tip # 1: Make sure that your almond slices are coated in the liquid to help prevent them from burning in the air fryer.
- Tip # 2: Place the green beans in the air fryer in a single layer so that they all get equally cooked and crispy.
- Tip # 3: I love dried dill! If you are not a fan you may want to cut the measurement in half.
Yes! I would roast these in the oven at 400 degrees F until desired crispiness.
Absolutely! I would reheat in the air fryer or oven at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
Yes, but fresh vs. dried herbs have different potencies. You would have to adjust the measurement to account for the difference.
Dill seed is the fruit of the dill plant and dill weed is the leaf of the plant. The dill weed is an herb and the dill seed is more of a spice. I typically use dill weed in all of my recipes.
- This dish can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an air tight container.
Other Side Dish Recipes You Will Love
Did you try this recipe?
Leave a star rating and review below
Air Fryer Green Beans
- 1 whole lemon to zest for on top once cooked
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix together. Ideally all ingredients will marinate for 30 minutes but it is ok to skip. Then, place all ingredients in the air fryer on 400 degrees F for 13 minutes. Serve with optional lemon zest on top.