This Whole30 chicken salad recipe is creamy, crunchy and a tad bit sweet. This recipe is great for summer picnics and work lunches. We like to batch cook it so we can eat it all throughout the week.
Growing up, chicken salad was one of my favorites. As I started getting into paleo I would have regular store bought chicken salad and it always made my stomach hurt, I knew there had to be a better alternative and this is it!
Whole30 Chicken Salad Ingredients:
- Chicken breasts-Already cooked! I love getting all of my meats and proteins from Butcher Box. They send me a monthly supply right to my doorstep so all I have to do is thaw it out the night before prior to using it. If you use my link HERE you can get free bacon for life with your order.
- Avocado mayo-This is the paleo alternative to conventional mayo. It is made with either avocado oil or olive oil which is better for us than the canola oil that is used in regular mayo.
- Celery-To add a nice crunch.
- Purple grapes-To add some sweetness.
- Almond slivers-To add even more crunch! This recipe can be made without the nuts if you have a nut allergy.
- Sea salt-To taste.
How to make Whole30 Chicken Salad:
- First, dice up the cooked chicken breasts into small cubes.
- Next, mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Start off by using the 1 ½ cup avocado mayo, if you like your paleo chicken salad even creamier, add another half cup until the desired consistency is reached.
What if I do not know how to cook chicken breasts?
- I have you covered. There are a few ways to cook it.
- In the instant pot with a cup of bone broth on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- In the oven on 350 for 20 minutes with bone broth in the bottom. Check the internal temperature of the chicken to see if it’s done. It should be at 165 degrees F.
- Poached, on the stove top with bone broth. Approx 8 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of the breast. Cut the middle of the breast to see if it is pink, if it is pink keep cooking.
What to serve with:
- Celery sticks
- Over greens
- Zucchini slices
- Almond flour crackers
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other chicken recipes:
- Paleo Curry Chicken Salad
- Whole30 Crispy Crack Chicken
- Dairy Free Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Pepperoni Pizza Chicken
Whole30 Chicken Salad
- sharp knife
- cutting board
- 2 pound chicken breast Cooked-I like Butcher Box. Use my link and get free bacon for life!
- 1/2 cup purple grapes washed, do not chop them. They will get mushy.
- 1 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 1 1/2 cup avocado mayo Start out with with 1.5 cups and if you want it creamier add another 1/2 cup until you achieve desired consistency.
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Chop the pre-made chicken breasts into cubes. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until mixed throughout. Serve with celery sticks or almond flour crackers.
- If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.