The air fryer is my favorite cooking method, so why not try my homemade Air Fryer Turkey Burgers? The preparation for this recipe is so easy and the air fryer does the rest. With only a few ingredients, you can have my delicious turkey burger patties that you can dress-up as you please. This is perfect for a weeknight dinner in a time crunch.
This is a great recipe to keep stocked in the freezer for a quick weeknight meal. An added bonus is that you can keep it on hand for all of your upcoming cook outs as well!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Who doesn’t love a good burger? This will be a new essential for your family dinners.
- Prep is so simple. Combine everything in a mixing bowl, form your patties, and pop in the air fryer.
- I love the combo of garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and dijon but the seasoning combinations are endless! Burgers are so easy to customize.
- The air fryer keeps these burgers nice and juicy.
- These burgers are naturally gluten free, dairy free, soy free, Whole30 friendly, keto, low carb, refined sugar free, flourless, grain free, and paleo!
- My Gluten Free Potato Salad and Air Fryer Home Fries would be a great side dish with this Air Fryer Turkey Burger.
- If you live in the Pittsburgh area, check out my weekly meal prep menu. We deliver allergen friendly meals right to your door- saving you time on your next meal.
- You can eat this like a regular hamburger on a bun or you can eat it as a Deconstructed Burger Bowl.
- Kids will love this recipe!
- Ground turkey- You can swap for your meat of choice, if you prefer. Turkey burgers are a nice change from typical ground beef. I love to get my meat from Butcher Box. It is the BEST quality and you can tell! Use my Butcher Box link to get some free additional items every month with your order.
- Worcestershire sauce- Takes a basic burger recipe to the next level. You can also use steak sauce if you would prefer.
- Garlic– Minced finely to blend well with the ground turkey.
- Dijon– Adds that tangy, mildly spicy flavor. Dijon pairs so well with the Worcestershire sauce.
- Salt & pepper- Extra seasoning. Don’t skimp on the salt, salt is essential when cooking meat. It adds so much more flavor.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
- You can swap out ground turkey for your preferred meat of choice.
- You can add additional spices and seasonings to change the flavor profile.
- Switching up your burger toppings will also allow for varying flavor profiles.
This recipe has not been tested with any other substitutions or variations. If you try something else out please let me know how it turns out in the comments below!
Step By Step Instructions
- Tip # 1: Using a different type of meat other than ground turkey will impact your cooking time.
- Tip # 2: Ground turkey does not have as much fat content as ground beef. You will want to make sure to season well to add additional flavor.
- Tip # 3: Depending on how big your air fryer is, you may be able to cook more than 2 patties at a time. But don’t overcrowd the air fryer – you want to make sure they are spaced out.
You sure can. Form into patties and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Separate each layer of burger patties with another sheet of parchment. Pop them in the freezer and they will keep for up to 3 months. When ready to cook, thaw overnight in the refrigerator or add 5 more minutes to cook time.
They do shrink. To help avoid this, use your thumb to create an indent in the center of each patty prior to cooking.
Every air fryer is different so be sure to use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. Once turkey burgers reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, they are done.
I recommend 1/2 – 3/4 inch thick. Remember, the thicker the burger, the longer it takes to cook.
My go-to is the Gluten Free Udi’s brand. I also love Trader Joe’s brand. If you shoot for lower carb options, check out my Deconstructed Burger Bowls.
You can but I prefer fresh ones. If you are opting for pre-made, I like the ones from Trader Joe’s. They are just ground turkey and rosemary!
- This recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for 5 days in an air tight container.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You Will Love
Are you interested in a list of my go to healthy alternatives?
Download your FREE guide below
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- mixing bowl
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Form into 4 patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Add 2 patties to the air fryer basket and cook at 360 degrees F for 7 minutes. When the 7 minutes is up, flip, and cook for another 7 minutes, or until fully cooked. Once burgers reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, they are done.