I am obsessed with all things made from a potato! These Air Fryer Potato Wedges are crisped and seasoned to perfection. They are so simple to prepare and can be served alongside any of your favorite meat dishes.
Using the air fryer, this quick recipe is ready in less than 15 minutes. This will be the perfect side dish for your next dinner or will be great as an appetizer! Another air fryer side I like to make is my Easy Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- The air fryer can have a batch of these ready in 15 minutes.
- These make a great side dish for any dinner.
- This recipe only requires a few simple ingredients: potatoes, olive oil, and common seasonings you probably already have in your spice cabinet.
- This recipe is naturally dairy free, gluten free, grain free, nut free, soy free, refined sugar free, and vegan.
- This recipe was inspired by my favorite Air Fryer Home Fries. I love making them to go with just about any breakfast.
- If you would like to get this and other allergen friendly meals, side dishes and treats delivered right to your door, check out my Pittsburgh-based paleo meal prep menu. A new menu is live every Wednesday.
- Russet potatoes- These potatoes are great for frying and crisping. The inside is light and fluffy which goes great with the seasonings. Russet potatoes are oblong and larger than white potatoes. You can also use sweet potatoes for this recipe if you want an option that is lower in carbs.
- Olive oil- Greases up the potatoes and allows the seasonings to stick. You can also use avocado oil or ghee. I have a Homemade Ghee recipe on my blog that will teach you how to make your own!
- Paprika, parsley flakes, chili powder, sea salt, black pepper- This seasoning combination is seriously amazing on these potatoes. It is so perfect– savory with a slight spice. Feel free to adjust to preference.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
- Russet potatoes- You can substitute sweet potatoes for a lower carb option.
- Olive Oil- Avocado oil or ghee can be substituted in place of the olive oil.
The recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
Step by Step Instructions
- Air fryer -I use a Ninja Air Fryer and absolutely love it! I use it every day.
- Tip # 1: An air fryer is the best way to cook potato wedges! Online traditional crispy fry recipes, you do not need to use corn starch to make these fries crispy. Cooking them in the air fryer does it naturally.
- Tip #2: When picking your potatoes for this recipe, russet potatoes should be firm and free of soft spots. Soft spots indicate that they potato could be rotten inside.
- Tip #3: You can adjust the seasonings in this recipe to your preference. If you would like more spice, add some cayenne. If you would like a more earthy flavor, add some rosemary.
You can use ghee, avocado oil, or olive oil. I don’t suggest vegetable oil as it isn’t the best for you.
You can pop these back in the air fryer at 375 degrees F for 3-5 minutes to reheat.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Other Healthier Potato Recipes You Will Love
Did you try this recipe?
Leave a rating and a review below.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- 2 russet potatoes
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp parsley flakes
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Then, cut each half in half again lengthwise. Then, cut each quarter in half lengthwise. This will give you 16 wedges.
- Place potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and all the seasonings and toss until evenly coated.
- Place half of the wedges in the air fryer, in a single layer. Cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Flip the wedges with tongs and cook for an additional 5 minutes at 400 degrees F. Set aside when done.
- Repeat to cook the remaining wedges.