This creamy homemade AIP pesto sauce is full of flavor and super delicious. The recipe is naturally nut free. The nutritional yeast add in makes this dairy free pesto sauce taste cheesy without actual cheese! This is by far one of my favorite AIP sauces.
Key ingredients for AIP pesto:
- Fresh basil-I like to use fresh basil from my garden.
- Nutritional yeast-A popular ingredient used in dairy free cooking. Nutritional yeast makes this recipe taste cheesy without cheese!
- Garlic-Adds a nice touch.
- Lemon juice-Do NOT skip this key ingredient.
- Olive oil-My go to fat for making homemade pesto.
How to make:
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
What kind of food processor do you use?
- I love this ONE. I have had it for years and love it.
- I like to make homemade pesto and freeze it. To do that I use these big silicone ice cube trays. I pour in the sauce then cover the tray with a ziplock bag and place it in the freezer.
- To thaw-Pop the cube out prior to using and place in a skillet or in the fridge overnight.
What can I make with this? So many things!
- Add it to chicken breasts.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other AIP recipes:
- AIP fried shrimp
- Paleo chicken piccata
- Whole30 pork tenderloin with sweet potatoes
- Homemade clarified butter
- AIP Shrimp Pesto Pasta
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
- high speed blender
- Place all ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth.If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.