These deconstructed burger bowls are perfect for lunch and dinners on the go! The homemade special sauce combined with the sweet potatoes, greens, mushrooms, and pickles is seriously to die for. This recipe only takes minutes to make and is something for the whole family.
Deconstructed burger bowls ingredients:
- Burger patties-I love the Butcher Box burger patties. Every month they send me a monthly supply and they are the best quality! Use my link HERE and get free bacon for life.
- Bacon-Cooked. I use Butcher Box. You can substitute for turkey bacon.
- Red onion-Optional but one of my favorite parts!
- Dill pickle-So good!
- Greens-This acts in place of the bun.
- Sweet potatoes-Chopped and baked.
- Homemade special sauce-This is what makes this recipe!
- Ghee-To saute the patty in.
- Optional- Sauteed mushrooms and kale
How to make:
- First, make the sweet potatoes if needed! You could buy pre-packaged or cut sweet potatoes. If you cut them, slice them thin because sweet potatoes take awhile to cook. You can bake them in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes, then check them to see if they are done.
- Next, make the burgers! Season the raw patty with salt and pepper. Then add ghee to the pan, and add the patty to the pan. Cook for approx 3 minutes on each side-6 minutes total or until the patty is no longer pink.
- For the sauce-Whisk together all ingredients.
- Once the patty is cooked, assemble the burger bowls with the greens, red onion, special sauce and bacon on top.
Can I make my own burger patties?
- For sure-You can use ground beef with your favorite herb blend.
Can I bake a frozen burger?
- Yes! You can bake it on 425 for 15-25 minutes depending on the thickness of your burgers.
What side dishes should I serve with this recipe?
If you like this recipe you will love:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Deconstructed Burger Bowls
- 3 Butcher Box Burger patties Frozen-Use my link and get free bacon for life when you order your first box of Butcher Box!
- salt and pepper to season the burgers. Omit pepper for AIP
- 1 tbsp ghee to cook the burgers
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 3 strips bacon cooked
- mixed greens to serve
- 1/4 cup dill pickles chopped
- sweet potatoes
- tomatoes sliced, omit for AIP
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup avocado mayo for AIP sub 3/4 cup pureed canned artichokes
- 1 tbsp dill relish
- 1 tbsp white onion chopped
- 2 tbsp ketchup sub my AIP ketchup for AIP
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
For the sauce:
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
For the burgers:
- Add the ghee to a frying pan. Season the burgers with salt and pepper. Add the burgers to the frying pan and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side for a total of 6-10 minutes. The time will depend on the thickness of your burgers. While the burgers are cooking, assemble your bowls with the greens, sauce, onion, pickles and bacon.If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.