These Deconstructed Burger Bowls are perfect for lunch and dinners on the go! The homemade special sauce combined with the sweet potatoes, greens, mushrooms, and pickles is seriously to die for. This recipe only takes minutes to make and is something for the whole family.
This is one of my favorite meals for any time of day! You won’t even miss the bun and is a sure fire hit for the whole family.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- This is a great way to enjoy a burger without missing the bun!
- This recipe is naturally paleo, gluten free, dairy free, and soy free.
- This will be a hit for everyone, not just those that are gluten free.
- If you want to make your own burger patties, I recommend both my Air Fryer Turkey Burger or my Gluten Free Burger recipes.
- You can easily change up the recipe by switching up your toppings.
- This would be a great recipe for any event to serve as a burger bar!
- Burger patties-I love the Butcher Box burger patties. Every month they send me a monthly supply and they are the best quality! Use my link HERE and get free bacon for life.
- Bacon-Cooked. I use Butcher Box. You can substitute for turkey bacon.
- Red onion-Optional but one of my favorite parts!
- Dill pickle-So good!
- Greens-This acts in place of the bun.
- Sweet potatoes-Chopped and baked.
- Homemade special sauce-This is what makes this recipe!
- Ghee-To saute the patty in.
- Optional- Sauteed mushrooms and kale
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
- You can switch out the type of burger patties you use for this recipe to your preferred meat of choice.
- Changing up the toppings allows for variations in flavor profiles.
- You can also switch out regular bacon for turkey bacon if you prefer as well.
This recipe has not been tested with any other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
Step by Step Instructions
- Tip # 1: Switching your choice of meat will impact your cooking time.
- Tip # 2: Cooking time is also impacted by the thickness of your burger. Check to ensure the internal cooking temperature of your beef patty is 165 degrees F.
- Tip # 3: If you do not like the taste of raw onion, sauté them in a small amount of ghee to slightly cook!
Definitely! You can use ground beef with your favorite herb blend.
Yes! You can bake it on 425 degrees F for 15-25 minutes depending on the thickness of your burger.
Yes! I recommend reheating the burgers at 350 degrees F for 5-10 minutes or until warm throughout.
- You can store this recipe in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
Other gluten free meals you will love
Are you interested in a list of my go to healthy alternatives?
Download your FREE guide below
Deconstructed Burger Bowls
- frying pan
- mixing bowl
- 3 Butcher Box Burger patties Frozen-Use my link and get free bacon for life when you order your first box of Butcher Box!
- salt and pepper to season the burgers. Omit pepper for AIP
- 1 tbsp ghee to cook the burgers
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 3 strips bacon cooked
- mixed greens to serve
- 1/4 cup dill pickles chopped
- sweet potatoes
- tomatoes sliced, omit for AIP
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup avocado mayo for AIP sub 3/4 cup pureed canned artichokes
- 1 tbsp dill relish
- 1 tbsp white onion chopped
- 2 tbsp ketchup sub my AIP ketchup for AIP
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
For the sauce:
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
For the burgers:
- Add the ghee to a frying pan. Season the burgers with salt and pepper. Add the burgers to the frying pan and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side for a total of 6-10 minutes. The time will depend on the thickness of your burgers. While the burgers are cooking, assemble your bowls with the greens, sauce, onion, pickles and bacon.