These Air Fryer Home Fries are the perfect crispy, diner-style potato. Requiring only a few common household ingredients and 15 minutes of prep time, you can make these for a quick, yummy breakfast side. Everyone loves a good crispy potato, so this will definitely be a new staple in your breakfast rotation.
Air frying vegetables, especially potatoes, always give them the perfect crispiness. My Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash is another favorite filling side dish I love to make. Using the same piece of equipment and the same delicious results.
What Makes This Recipe So Good?
- These Vegan Home Fries are SO easy and only require 15 minutes of hands-on time.
- Seasoned to perfection, this recipe is a dupe for classic diner-style home fries.
- This recipe makes for the BEST breakfast side dish. Who doesn’t love crispy potatoes?
- This recipe is naturally paleo, gluten free, dairy free, Whole30, soy free, vegan, grain free and refined sugar free.
- If you are like me and like to make sure you have greens with every meal you can take this recipe up a notch by making my Homemade Peas and Potatoes.
- This recipe is so delicious on its own but also pairs so well with my Homemade Garlic Aioli.
- This recipe pairs so well with just about any breakfast recipe, check out the other breakfast recipes on my blog!
- If you are located in the Pittsburgh area, check out my weekly meal prep menu. We have a variety of meals that are delivered right to your door.
- Mini potatoes– I love using mini potatoes, but feel free to use your choice of potato. Mini potatoes come in various packs- there’s gold, red, white, and assorted colors. I find the mini ones easier to cut up rather than a large potato.
- Olive oil- Gets the potatoes greased up when tossing with the seasoning. This will help hold all of the delicious flavor to each potato cube. You can also use avocado oil or ghee in this recipe if you would like. If you do use ghee, make sure it is melted!
- Garlic powder & paprika– The best flavor combo for home fries. The paprika provides a great, subtle spice. Garlic powder is ALWAYS a must.
- Salt & pepper- Extra seasoning.
How To Make
- Cut the mini potatoes into halves or fourths, depending on each potatoes’ size.
- Place the cut potatoes into a large bowl of cold water. Cover and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour out the water and pat the potatoes dry.
- Add olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper to the bowl and toss. Make sure the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Add potatoes to the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees F for 20-30 minutes. Check on them frequently and toss. You may want to cook them longer if you like crispy potatoes.
What Are Home Fries?
- A basic potato dish, often made in a skillet. Home fries use chunked, sliced, wedged, or diced potatoes that are sometimes unpeeled and may have been par-cooked by boiling, baking, steaming, or microwaving. The air fryer is the best and easiest method to make home fries.
What Can I Serve These With?
Can These Be Reheated?
- Absolutely. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When you are ready to reheat, throw them in the air fryer at 400 degrees F for 5-10 minutes.
What Dip Would Go With Vegan Home Fries?
- Ketchup is my go-to for these. If you are nightshade free, check out this Nightshade Free Ketchup.
What Kind Of Air Fryer Do You Use?
- I love this Ninja all in one air fryer. It is so simple to use and has multiple functions yet it only takes up one space on the counter.
What Is The Key For Making Crispy Potatoes?
- The key is to toss them throughout the cooking process to ensure they get extra crispy.
- Every 5 minutes or so, make sure you shake the air fryer basket! This ensures the potatoes cook evenly.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE
- Crispy Mini Potatoes with Paleo Garlic Aioli
- Crispy Whole30 Potatoes with Peas and Dairy Free Ricotta
- Whole30 Mashed Potatoes
- Crispy Chickpeas With Garlic Aioli
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Air Fryer Home Fries
- 2 bags mini potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cut the mini potatoes into halves or fourths, depending on each potatoes' size.
- Place the cut potatoes in a large bowl of cold water. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour out the water and pat the potatoes dry.
- Toss with olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Add potatoes to the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees F for 20-30 minutes depending on how crispy you like them. Every 5 minutes or so, shake the basket so that the potatoes cook evenly. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna