This air fryer brussel sprouts with bacon and pomegranate side dish has become my latest obsession! It is the most perfect paleo AIP breakfast as well side dish. In my house we even like using this dish to make lunch bowls with our favorite aip crispy chicken. This recipe is the perfect combination between savory and sweet. The bacon naturally gives these brussels sprouts the very best flavor and topping it off with pomegranate gives this recipe a nice sweet crunch. With this recipe only taking 10 minutes to prep, it is a no brainer for meal prep and to meet all of your holiday needs.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts With Bacon And Pomegranate:
- Brussels sprouts- You can buy brussel sprouts that are already chopped or you can boy whole ones and chop them yourselves. I like to chop them in fourths to be sure they cook thoroughly and evenly.
- Garlic powder and sea salt- I generously like to coat the brussel sprouts with garlic powder and sea salt to give them a good bit of flavor.
- Bacon- In my opinion, this is the best part! I like using applegate bacon.
- Pomegranate- The pomegranate gives this otherwise savory dish a sweet touch.
- Olive oil spray- If you have been following along for awhile you know my olive oil spray is my go to spray when cooking.
How to make keto brussel sprouts:
- First thing is first, chop up the bacon and cut the brussel sprouts in half (remove the white ends.) Then, Place all ingredients in a pan and mix throughout. Add to the air fryer on 400 and cook for 7 minutes, then shake out the mixture and cook for an additional 7 minutes. Serve with fresh pomegranate on top.
What should I eat this for?
- This AIP recipe works as both the most perfect AIP breakfast and AIP side dish. My personal favorite is to make protein bowls with my new absolute favorite crispy whole30 and AIP chicken. So good! This dish is already great for a paleo thanksgiving. You could serve it with my whole30 mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce.
How To Store And Reheat This Paleo AIP Side Dish:
- I highly suggest waiting to add the pomegranate until they are very end. When you are storing it, store the pomegranate separately. When reheating, I like to reheat on the stovetop and add the pomegranate after. These are my favorite glass storage containers.
If you like this recipe, you will also LOVE these cozy dishes:
- Paleo and Whole30 Mashed Potatoes
- Paleo and Whole30 Orange Cranberry Sauce
- Crispy AIP Chicken Tenders
AIP Brussels Sprout Bacon Pomegranate Dish
- baking sheet
- 1 pound brussels Sprouts
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 tsp olive oil spray or oil of choice (around 1 tsp, quickly coat the brussels with the spray_)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds I like to buy the seeds already in a cup, but you can also buy a whole pomegranate and pull out the seeds. First cut the fruit in half and pull out the seeds one by one.
- First thing is first, chop up the bacon and cut the brussel sprouts in half (remove the white ends.) Then, Place all ingredients in a pan and mix throughout. Add to the air fryer on 400 and cook for 15 minutes, then shake out the mixture and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until crispy. Serve with fresh pomegranate on top.