This Cajun Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe is super easy to make and something the whole family will love! This recipe only requires 15 minutes of hands-on time and can be on the table within an hour. The crispy and flavorful sausage combined with the fresh spring and summer time vegetables is to die for! The creamy aioli paired with it is the icing on the cake.
What Makes This Recipe So Good?
- First off, I love that this recipe only takes 15 minutes of prep, which makes it a great weeknight dinner when you do not have much time to cook.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free, grain free, dairy free, paleo, soy free, refined sugar free, Whole30 friendly and keto friendly.
- I love that the sausage in this recipe is nicely crisped! I like to keep mine in the oven a little longer to make it nice and crispy on the ends.
- We love making this recipe for meal prep because it reheats so well too!
- The cajun aioli can be served on the side, so if spice is not your thing-you can skip it or just dip it in there!
- This recipe is a sheet pan meal, which means all you literally need is a sheet pan (baking sheet) cutting board and a bowl to mix the aioli in.
- This recipe reminds me so much of my other favorite sheet pan recipes that you can find on my blog!
For the sheet pan meal-
- Sausage-I love the Teton brand. They make the best grass fed sausage. I personally was not a big sausage fan until I tried their stuff. You can for sure taste a difference in the quality. I get mine from Costco.
- Green beans-I like french green beans, you can leave the stems on the end in this recipe.
- Yellow squash-One of my favorites! This vegetable does not get enough hype. I love my summer squashes. Make sure you wash them and cut them in half moons. I like to keep the skin on.
- Zucchini-Make sure they are washed! You can leave the skin on for this recipe. I like to cut mine in half moons.
- Salt & garlic powder-For taste.
- Avocado oil-To roast.
For the cajun aioli-
- Avocado mayo-This is my go to mayonnaise alternative. It is a lot better than conventional mayo because it is filled with healthier fats. It is made from avocado oil vs. canola oil.
- Lemon juice-This is a must of all aioli’s!
- Hot sauce-To give the aioli a nice kick.
- Paprika, garlic powder, sea salt, onion powder, oregano, red pepper flakes, and cayenne-For the flavor.
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Next chop up the sausage into coin sizes, along with the zucchini and squashes into half moons. Make sure the green beans, yellow squashes and zucchini are washed first!
- Place the sausage and green beans in a bowl with half of the salt, garlic powder and avocado oil.
- Lay out the sausage and green beans on the sheet pan for 30 minutes.
- While the sausage is cooking, add the zucchini and yellow squash in a bowl with the remaining oil, salt and garlic powder.
- Once the 30 minutes is up, add the zucchini and yellow squash to a sheet pan and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- While the sheet pan meal is finishing up, add all of the aioli ingredients to a bowl and whisk together. Serve the aioli on the side.
How Can I Make My Sausage Crispy?
- If you like your sausage crispy, keep it in the oven for 10 minutes longer prior to adding the zucchini and summer squash in.
Can I Serve This With Rice?
- Absolutely! But the rice will need to be cooked separately. If you are looking for a lower carb opinion, you can also use cauliflower rice.
Can I Make This Into A Pasta?
- Yes! I actually have a dairy free creamy cajun pasta recipe already on the blog, you can subsitute the chicken for sausage.
- If you are making this recipe for meal prep, be sure to store the aioli separate or it will get the vegetables soggy. I love using these little glass containers for my sauces.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other sheet pan meals:
Sheet Pan Sausage Meal With Cajun Aioli
- Sheet pan
- 1 pound polish sausage I like Teton's grass fed sausage. It is truly the BEST! It is the only kind I buy. I get mine at Costco.
- 1 yellow squash sliced into half moons
- 1 zucchini sliced into half moons
- 1 handful (approx 1 cup) green beans I like the french ones!
- 1 tsp garlic powder divided into 2
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
For the aioli:
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well throughout.
For the sheet pan:
- Preheat the oven to 400. Cut the sausage into 1/2 inch coins. Then, toss the sausage and green beans on the sheet pan with 1 tbsp oil, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp sea salt. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the sausage is cooking, toss the zucchini and yellow squash in a bowl with the remaining oil, garlic powder and salt. Add to the sheet pan when the 30 minutes is up and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Serve with the garlic aioli on the side. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna