Air Fryer Pork Belly is seriously the best kind of pork belly! This pork belly is crispy on the outside and nice and juicy on the inside. I love this recipe because it requires minimal clean up and you do not have to worry about ingredients splattering everywhere.
What Makes This Recipe So Good?
- This recipe reminds me so much of the pork belly that I like to put on top of my guacamole in my Whole30 Guacamole With Pork Belly!
- This recipe only requires 10 minutes of hands-on time which makes it a great snack to make for those nights when you want something super delicious but you do not have much time on hand.
- You can use this crispy and juicy pork belly as an appetizer that can be topped off on just about anything or you can even eat it alone, which I love doing! I love putting a toothpick in it and eating it as an appetizer!
- This recipe is naturally gluten free, dairy free, grain free, paleo, AIP (Autoimmune protocol friendly) and can be made Whole30 friendly too when you omit the coconut sugar.
- When I am not eating this recipe on a toothpick as an appetizer I love adding my pork belly to Homemade Deviled Eggs.
- This pork belly has so much flavor, it is sweet yet salty and savory at the same time! It literally melts in your mouth.
- Pork belly-You can get this anywhere but I love getting mine through Butcher Box! When you order with my link you can get a monthly discount on all of the best quality meats and proteins out there.
- Coconut sugar-This adds a nice sweet touch to this savory snack. You can also use brown sugar if that is your thing, too! If you are doing the Whole30, you can skip this.
- Avocado oil-This helps get the seasonings and sugar to really soak in. While you do not have to use avocado oil, it is my favorite oil to use for high temperature baking and cooking because it has a high smoke point.
- Pepper & salt-For flavor. If you are doing the Autoimmune Protocol skip the pepper part as pepper is one of the things you cannot have on the autoimmune protocol.
How To Make:
- First, place all ingredients except the pork belly into a bowl and mix well.
- Chop the pork pork belly into ½ to 1 inch cubes.
- Add the cubes to the marinate and allow the pork belly to really soak it all in.
- Place the pork belly into a single layer (you may have to do multiple batches) the instant pot at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes, then flip the pork belly with tongs and cook again for 10 minutes.
- I like to serve my pork belly with red pepper flakes or fresh chives on top.
Frequently Asked Recipe Questions:
What Is Pork Belly?
- Pork belly is made from a pig and very similar to bacon. It comes from the underside of a pig right just like pork tenderloin. While the dish does not have much flavor alone, when you keep the fat cap on it and really season it, it becomes so juicy and flavorful!
What Kind Of Air Fryer Do You Use?
- I use this 11 in 1 air fryer. It is so easy to use and has more than one function which I love. It takes up only one spot on the counter vs. having multiple different things set up. Who else hates clutter on the counter like me? HA!
- Be sure to eat your pork belly warm. This pork belly does not taste very good when eaten cold. To reheat it, pop it back in the air fryer at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Be sure to only cook the pork belly in a single layer, if you stack it on top of each other it won’t cook well and be crispy!
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other pork recipes on my blog:
- Instant Pot Honey Mustard Pulled Pork
- Pork Belly On The Grill
- Pork Tenderloin With Sweet Chimichurri
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Air Fryer Pork Belly
- 1 pound pork belly patted dry
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar skip for Whole30
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper skip for AIP
To top off: (optional)
- red pepper flakes
- fresh chives
- Dry pat the pork belly and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. In a separate bowl mix all other ingredients then mix the pork belly with the coconut sugar mixture.
- Lay the pork in the air fryer in a single layer (you may need to do multiple batches of the pork belly) and air fry for 10 minutes, then flip and air fry for an additional 10 more minutes. Remove from the air fryer and serve warm. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna