This homemade Whole30 gravy recipe is just in time for Thanksgiving! The coconut milk combined with hearty bone broth is oh so delicious. This paleo thanksgiving side dish is a must at thanksgiving dinner!
First off, I am the kind of person that could go with our without thanksgiving dinner, but my husband is a big fan of thanksgiving! After not being able to see out families in 2020 around the holidays it was up to me to put on the best holiday dinner! I made a true 10 dish thanksgiving dinner for just the two of us and let me tell you my husband was in heaven. Ever since I have been making this dairy free gravy sauce and it is finally getting a spot on my blog!
Whole30 gravy ingredients:
- Bone broth-This is the base of this recipe. You have two options here, you can buy it or make your own. If you want to make your own, you can use my recipe HERE or if you want to buy it from the store you can use Kettle& Fire bone broth. They have the best storebought bone broth, if you use the code ALLIANNASKITCHEN you can save 20% off.
- Ghee-This will give the dairy free gravy that buttery taste, however if you do not tolerate ghee, you can use vegan butter or coconut oil.
- Coconut aminos-This helps with the flavor and coloring of the gravy.
- Garlic-For flavor.
- Arrowroot powder-This will thicken up the gravy sauce so it is not watery. You can also substitute it for tapioca flour.
How to male paleo gravy:
- First, add the fat to the pan and then slowly add in the arrowroot powder. While you slowly add in the arrowroot powder, whisk together quickly. This will prevent any clumps from forming. This is super important! If you do not whisk, your gravy will be clumpy.
- Next, add in the remaining ingredients and continue to whisk until smooth. Serve warm.
Can I make this AIP gravy in advance?
- I do not suggest making this gravy in advance. I suggest making it when you are ready to serve as the tapioca flour really thickens it. If the paleo gravy sits, it may become more jelly like.
What other whole30 thanksgiving side dishes do you suggest?
- Dairy free green bean casserole
- Whole30 cranberry sauce
- Air fryer brussel sprouts with bacon and pomegranate
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE the other sauces on my website:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Whole30 Gravy (AIP, Dairy Free)
- 2 cups bone broth vegetable broth if you are vegan
- 3 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp arrowroot powder or tapioca flour
- Add the ghee (or coconut oil) into a saucepan then slowly add in the arrowroot powder while whisking the mixture (whisking is super important, without it, it will be one big clump.) While whisking constantly, add in the remaining ingredients and continue to whisk for 2 minutes until smooth. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Great gravy recipe! So versatile and can be used on so many dishes!
Allianna Moximchalk says
Glad you enjoyed 🙂
Allianna Moximchalk says
Thank you for your review!