This red chimichurri sauce is full of flavor and goes great with just about anything! The tangy apple cider vinegar combined with the garlic and red pepper flakes is oh so delicious. This recipe only takes 10 minutes to make and is the perfect addition to so many recipes.
When we went on our honeymoon in Turks and Caicos, they had the most amazon pork tenderloin with asparagus, sweet potato mash and this chimichurri sauce on top. When we came home making this recipe was on the top of my to-do list! I love this recipe so much that I even made it for Father’s Day this past weekend!
- Olive oil-This is my go to base fat oil for this recipe. You can use avocado oil but it may impact the flavor profile.
- Fresh parsley and cilantro-Adds so much flavor! If you are one of those people who thinks cilantro tastes like soup, then double up on the fresh parsley.
- Fresh garlic-Adds so much flavor.
- Red pepper flakes-Totally optional but adds a nice kick.
- Yellow onion-Adds a nice sweet touch.
- Red pepper-Adds a nice sweet touch with the yellow onion.
- Apple cider vinegar-Adds a bit of a tangy flavor.
How to make red chimichurri:
- Place all ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth!
What kind of food processor is best?
- I have had this food processor since college and love it! It cleans so well and is so easy to work with.
What should I serve this with?
- This sauce goes great with just about anything but we especially love it with steak and chicken.
How long does this sauce last?
- It can last up to a week in the fridge in an airtight container!
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE the other sauces on my website:
Hey-you’ve made it this far! If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star ★ rating and review below. Make sure you are following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Red Chimichurri (Paleo, Whole30, Vegan)
- High speed food blender
- 1 whole red pepper chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional-to add a kick.
- Place all ingredients in a high speed food processor and blend until smooth.
- If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Really good chimichurri – We love using this on meat dishes
Allianna Moximchalk says
It is so versatile! Glad you enjoyed!