This Dairy Free Hollandaise Sauce is seriously to die for. This paleo sauce only takes 5 minutes to make and goes great on just about anything: steak, eggs, salmon and so much more!
I remember when I first started avoiding dairy my boyfriend at the time (now husband) said let’s make a paleo hollandaise version. I was doubtful that it would taste good, but boy was I wrong! This hollandaise sauce is delicious. We love to serve it on top over gluten free toast with avocado, bacon and eggs.
Dairy Free Hollandaise Sauce Ingredients:
- Dairy free butter-Any kind will work. If you can tolerate ghee, you can also use that!
- Egg yolks-This is a must!
- Paprika-Gives this hollandaise sauce a nice kick. You can also substitute it with cayenne.
- Lemon juice-To add a tangy touch.
Optional to serve to make gluten and dairy free eggs benedict:
- Gluten free toast
- Red pepper flakes
How To Make:
- This recipe is super simple! All you have to do is place the melted butter or ghee into the blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- To assemble the eggs benedict, smear avocado out over the toast followed by a poached egg, and slice of bacon. Top it off with fresh chives and red pepper flakes.
What Should I Serve This With?
- We love making paleo eggs benedict, but you can also serve it over asparagus, steak or salmon!
Can I Reheat This?
- I suggest eating this sauce as soon as you make it as it may reheat funny.
How Can I Thicken The Sauce?
- Allow the sauce to sit for 5 minutes prior to serving.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other paleo condiments:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Dairy Free Hollandaise Sauce
- high speed blender
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup dairy free butter Melted-If you tolerate ghee, I suggest using ghee!
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1 lemon juiced
Optional to serve: to make eggs benedict
- 4 slices toast
- 4 poached eggs
- 1 avocado mushed
- 4 slices bacon
- Place all ingredients in the blender for 30 seconds. To assemble as eggs benedict, smear mashed avocado on the toast followed by a piece of bacon and 1 egg. Garnish with optional red pepper flakes and chives. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.