These maple brussel sprouts are super easy to make, full of flavor and something the whole family can enjoy! This quick vegan side dish goes great with just about anything.
What makes these maple brussel sprouts so good?
- First off, this side dish is restaurant quality!
- Secondly, the garlic and maple syrup go so well together.
- Brussel sprouts-Be sure to cut the end off of the brussel sprouts, then dice them in half. If the brussel sprouts are really big, cut them into fourths.
- Maple syrup-Make sure it is pure maple syrup. There are a lot of brands out there that have other additives in there. Make sure to get the good stuff!
- Garlic powder-Minced, This goes so well with the maple syrup.
- Avocado oil-The best oil for air frying because it has a smoke point of 500. I suggest staying away from olive oil when air frying because it has a really low smoke point.
How to make maple brussel sprouts:
- First, cut off the white end of the brussel sprouts and cut them into fourths.
- Next, place the brussel sprouts, oil and minced garlic in the air fryer on 400 for 15 minutes. Then, mix around the brussel sprouts and put them back in the air fryer for 15 more minutes.
- Once the brussel sprouts are cooked, mix them in a bowl with maple syrup.
Which kind of air fryer should I use?
- I am obsessed with this ONE! I have had it for quite some time. Not only is it an air fryer but it also functions as an instant pot, crock pot, and dehydrator.
What should I serve this side dish with?
If you like this paleo side dish, you will LOVE:
- Bacon pomegranate brussel sprouts
- Cold brussel sprout salad
- Air fried green beans
- Vegan sweet potato mash
- Bacon wrapped asparagus
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Maple brussel sprouts
- 1 pound brussel sprouts stems removed and chopped in half
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- pinch sea salt
- pomegranate seeds
- Place the brussel sprouts, garlic, and salt in an air fryer on 400 for 15 minutes. Toss the brussel sprouts and cook for another 15 minutes. When the brussel sprouts are done, toss them in maple syrup.If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.