This vegan caramel sauce is seriously to die for. It is quick, easy, and only requires 5 ingredients. This dairy free caramel sauce goes great on just about anything, especially chocolate! The coconut milk combined with the coconut sugar is oh so delicious.
When I first went dairy free I thought that was the end to creamy and sweet caramel sauce, but I was wrong! In fact, this dairy free caramel sauce is super simple to make and it only requires minimal ingredients.This sauce goes great with just about any dessert.
Vegan caramel sauce ingredients:
- Coconut milk-You can use almond milk if you are not following the autoimmune protocol (AIP.)
- Coconut sugar-This is what will sweeten the sauce! You can substitute with maple sugar but it may change the flavor profile a bit. Personally I am not a fan of processed sugars, but technically you could use brown sugar if that is your kind of thing!
- Tapioca flour-This is my go to thickening agent. It thickens things similarly to corn starch You can also substitute this for arrowroot powder.
How to make paleo caramel sauce:
- This recipe is so incredibly easy! First, place all ingredients in a saucepan on medium high heat while continuously whisking the ingredients together.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer, it may almost look like it is foaming. When this happens, continue to whisk and remove from the heat. Serve warm.
What kind of saucepan do you use?
- I am OBSESSED with this saucepan. It cleans so well and is naturally non-toxic.
How should I store this?
- I prefer eating dairy free caramel sauce while it is still warm, but you can also store it in the fridge in an airtight mason jar.
What should I serve with this AIP caramel sauce?
If you like this dairy free dessert, you will also love:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Vegan caramel sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk or almond milk if you are not doing AIP
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder or tapioca flour
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan on medium heat constantly whisking together for 5 minutes. The sauce will foam up a bit, when this does turn down to low heat and simmer for 2 minutes and continue to whisk. Then remove from heat. The sauce will thicken up as it sits. Serve warm. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.