This creamy Whole30 pesto is quite delicious. The fresh basil combined with the lemon and nutritional yeast gives this paleo pesto sauce a nice cheesy flavor without cheese. This pesto recipe only takes minutes to make!
Whole30 pesto ingredients:
- Pine nuts-This gives the pesto a nice and creamy texture. You can use walnuts but the pesto will not come out as creamy as it would if you use pine nuts.
- Fresh basil-I love using my fresh basil from my garden!
- Olive oil-My go to fat of choice.
- Garlic-To add some flavor.
- Lemon juice-This makes this whole30 pesto, do not skip this!
- Nutritional yeast-Nutritional yeast is widely used in dairy free/ paleo cooking because it gives dishes a nice cheesy flavor.
How to make:
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend!
What should I serve this with?
- So many different things! I love fresh pesto on so many dishes from chicken salad, to my salads, steak, and even salmon.
What kind of food processor do you use?
- I love my ninja food processor! I have had it for years and it works super well. It is super simple to wash. I just rinse it and place it in the dishwasher. I use this one HERE.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
- high speed blender
- Place all ingredients in the food processor and blend.If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.