PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 20 MINUTES
****Note the recipe or the syrup itself is enough to make 12 drinks. I prefer to batch make it and then use it over time. The syrup will last for weeks in an airtight container in the fridge. Also, please read the instructions before making the recipe!!!****
For the syrup:
2 cups filtered water
2 cups raw honey (this is approximately equivalent to 24 ounces of honey in a jar)
¼ cup dried lavender- I use this kind here
For the drink:
1 cup of filtered water
1 cup of lemon juiced; approx 4 large lemons or 6 medium size lemons
½ cup of lavender syrup
optional: 4 shots of vodka (1 shot per serving)
OPTIONAL GARNISHES: I like to use lavender from my neighbors garden and lemon to garnish!
1. Place all of the syrup ingredients in a saucepan. Bring the saucepan to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Once the 5 minutes is up remove the pan from the heat.
2. Once the syrup has cooled, place the syrup in an air tight container (I prefer a glass mason jar glass) and place in the fridge.
3. The syrup should sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours, HOWEVER, if you love the “flowery” taste, let the syrup sit overnight.
4. Once the syrup has sat in the fridge, take a strainer and strain the lavender pedals over a bowl.
5. Pour the syrup in a mason jar or another airtight container.
6. In a separate bowl, mix the drink with a cocktail spoon: water, lemons juice and syrup.
7. Divide the drink into 4 glasses and serve with ice.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please take a picture and tag me in it on instagram at alliannaschneider
[…] Free Bagels Rhubarb Basil Ginger Mocktail Grapefruit Jalapeno Mocktail Lavender Lemonade Vegan Taco Salad Matcha Frosting Meatloaf Muffins Watermelon […]