This quick and easy spinach mushroom frittata is perfect for all of your breakfast needs. We like to make it for our weekly meal prep as well as all of our family breakfasts. It only requires 10 minutes of prep time. You can have breakfast on the table within 30 minutes!
This recipe is naturally paleo, keto, and Whole30 friendly.
- Eggs-Obviously! I love getting my eggs locally. I always try to go for cage free, pasture raised.
- Mushrooms-Any kind of mushroom will work, but I like cremini mushrooms best. Be sure to wash them well. I even sometimes use a paper towel to get off excess dirt. I like to slice mine vs. cutting them. Note, that you do not have to exclude the stems! The stems have nutrients too.
- Spinach-This recipe allows you to sneak in the greens! Any greens will work, but I like spinach the best for this recipe.
- Avocado oil-To sautée the mushrooms, spinach and optional spinach and red pepper flakes.
Optional add ins-
- Red pepper flakes-My partner loves a nice kick!
- Breakfast sausage-I like the paleo breakfast sausage links from Costco. I like to dice them up real small and add them in.
How to make-
- First, sautée the mushrooms, spinach and any optional add ins in the avocado oil for 3-5 minutes on medium heat. Preheat the oven to 400.
- Next, whisk the eggs and pour in the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the eggs are cooked throughout.
Is this spinach mushroom frittata baked?
- Yes! I like to saute the mushrooms and spinach to start. This helps enhance the flavors. Then, I like to make it.
What is the best pan for a frittata?
- Always an oven safe one! This will allow you to be able to transfer the sauteed vegetables and optional add-ins into the oven. I like using a cast iron pan.
What is the difference between a frittata and a quiche?
- A quiche has a crust, a frittata is all egg.
What can you serve with a frittata?
- We love to serve fresh fruit and pancakes! I have two pancake recipes that I love.
How do you stop a frittata from sinking?
- The air and heat will cause the frittata to rise and expand. Taking the dish out of the oven will naturally cause it to sink a little.
If you like this spinach and mushroom frittata, you will LOVE:
- Bacon Apple Butternut Squash
- Blueberry Maple Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Whole30 Chocolate Banana Bread
- AIP Breakfast Muffins with Bacon and Apples
Hey-you’ve made it this far! If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star ★ rating and review below. Make sure you are following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!
Spinach Mushroom Frittata
Servings 6 slices32kcal
Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- Cast iron pan or non stick pan
- 8 whole eggs whisked
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups mushrooms chopped
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
Optional add ins-
- paleo breakfast sausage links
- red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400. Saute the spinach and mushrooms (add in sausage and peppers if desired) in a non-stick oven safe pan in avocado oil for 3-5 minutes on medium heat. Pour the whisked egg mixture over the vegetables. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
This spinach mushroom frittata makes for the most perfect breakfast!
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 32kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 945IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Tag me on instagram @alliannaskitchen!
This is delicious! The mushrooms are so good in this frittata. Really great for meal prep as well
Allianna Moximchalk says
We love making this for meal prep too – thanks!