This gluten free french toast casserole is super simple to make and so delicious! The gluten free bread combined with the pure maple syrup and cinnamon is to die for. This recipe only requires 10 minutes of hands-on time and 30 minutes in the oven.
Dairy free french toast casserole ingredients:
- Gluten free bread-Any kind will work. Be sure to cut the bread into small 1 inch cubes.
- Maple syrup-I like the Kirkland brand. Make sure whatever brand you have it is pure maple syrup.
- Eggs-I like cage free.
- Almond milk-You can use regular milk if you would prefer. Coconut works too!
- Ghee-Or butter! Ghee is just clarified butter meaning all of the milk proteins are burned off. You can make your own ghee using my recipe HERE.
- Cinnamon-I love the added cinnamon!
- Bacon-This is totally optional but I love the sweet and salty combination. I love Butcher Box, they send me a monthly supply of all of my favorite proteins. If you use my link HERE you can get free bacon for life.
- Vanilla-For flavor.
How to make:
- First, whisk together the eggs.
- Next, add the maple syrup and ghee to a pan and bring to a boil.
- Then, add the maple syrup mixture to the eggs and mix in all other ingredients.
- Spray the casserole dish with the cooking spray oil.
- Now, add the bread to the pan and then pour the mixture overtop.
- Allow it to sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours. This will allow the paleo french toast to get nice and soft.
- When you are ready to eat the gluten free breakfast casserole preheat the oven to 350 and bake for 30 minutes.
What should I serve with gluten free french toast casserole?
I love the idea of making this with a breakfast buffet for the holidays! I love the idea of making it with:
- AIP Breakfast Muffins
- Blueberry Maple Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- Bacon Apple Butternut Squash
- Sweet Potato Brussel Sprout Bacon Hash
How should I reheat this?
- I suggest reheating it in the microwave for 30 seconds or in the toaster oven at 350 for 5-10 minutes.
What kind of toppings can I put on top?
- I love fresh fruit, bananas, and even chocolate chips!
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other breakfast recipes:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Gluten Free French Toast
- 9 by 13 baking dish
- Melt the ghee or butter and mix with the maple syrup. Whisk the eggs and add the maple syrup mixture, and remaining ingredients aside from the bread and mix together. Add in the bread. Cover the mixture and let it sit for at least 2 hours in the cold. When you are ready to bake-spray a casserole dish with cooking oil and add the french toast to the dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with berries, bananas and maple syrup.If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.