This Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole is SO delicious and easy! The cream cheese makes this casserole so creamy, which is a great combination with the veggies, bacon, and sausage. Prep is super quick, only requiring some chopping and dicing. All you have to do is throw this yummy casserole in the oven and you’re set. We love making this gourmet breakfast casserole for meal prep and when we know we are going to have guests, too!
What Makes This Recipe So Good?
- Prep time is quick and easy. It could be even made the night before, only needing to be baked in the morning.
- This recipe only requires 15 minutes of hands-on time.
- This recipe is adaptable! You can swap out veggies or add different breakfast meats. This recipe can easily be made vegetarian by omitting the bacon and sausage.
- The combination of creamy, savory, and crunchy is the BEST.
- This recipe is naturally paleo, dairy free, gluten free, soy free, Whole30 friendly, grain free, and refined sugar free.
- This casserole can be easily reheated, which means it is great for meal prep!
- If you are in the Pittsburgh area, you can check out my weekly meal prep menu. We make various egg muffins that are similar to this recipe and are great for on-the-go!
- Bell peppers-Your preference. Green peppers are the most bitter and have the most vegetal taste. Yellow and orange peppers are sweeter, while red peppers are the sweetest.
- Red onion-You can use yellow onion if you prefer a sweeter onion, but red onions are my preference for this savory dish.
- Cream cheese-Adds a delicious creaminess to the casserole.In my opinion, this is the key ingredient! Since I am dairy free, I like the Kite Hill cream cheese. For this dish, I used their chive cream cheese, for extra flavor! Feel free to use your favorite kind.
- Bacon-Gives the casserole a nice crunch and so much more flavor. I get all of my bacon from Butcher Box. They send me a monthly supply of all of my favorite meats and proteins, if you use my Butcher Box link you can get a free thing of meat every month with your order!
- Sausage-Extra protein!
- Hashbrowns-I used Alexia frozen hash browns.
- Milk-I used almond milk but you can use your preferred choice of milk.
- Eggs-The key to a breakfast casserole. I prefer pasture raised. All this means is the cows are more humanely raised.
- Salt & pepper-To taste.
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the egg, milk, cream cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining items.
- Spray the casserole dish with oil. Mix both bowls of ingredients together in a casserole dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 50 minutes.
Recipe Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I Save Leftovers?
- YES! Absolutely. I love using this recipe for meal prep.
How Should I Reheat?
- For the air fryer-Place each portioned out serving into the air fryer at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes.
- For the oven-Place on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for 5-15 minutes. Note it may take a little longer to heat up if you are reheating the whole thing together.
- In the microwave-30-60 seconds. I do not suggest this route, as this dish comes out so much better when it is reheated in the oven or air fryer.
Can I Make This Casserole Ahead Of Time?
- Absolutely! Preparing the night before would save you time in the morning! Follow all of the steps up until the baking. Then, store it in the fridge (unbaked) overnight. Take it out in the morning and follow the remaining baking instructions.
- The casserole will puff up a decent bit while baking, so make sure you use a large baking dish.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE
- Keto Egg Muffins
- Gluten Free French Toast Casserole
- Spinach Mushroom Frittata
- Prosciutto Egg Cups
- Pizza Egg Muffins
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- baking dish
- 2 mixing bowls
- 2 peppers diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 16 ounces cream cheese I am dairy free so I like the Kite Hill brand. I also use chive cream cheese for this recipe for some extra flavor!
- 1 cup bacon cooked, chopped
- 1 cup sausage cooked, chopped
- 1 bag hashbrowns Frozen, I like the Alexa brand
- 1/2 cup almond milk or regular milk is ok
- 9 eggs
- pinch salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Mix the salt, pepper, milk, cream cheese, and egg in a bowl. Whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. Spray the casserole dish with cooking spray oil to prevent it from sticking.
- Mix both bowls together and pour into the casserole dish. Bake for 50 minutes or until the egg is cooked all the way through. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna