This apple oatmeal bake is perfect for fall. It is super easy, quick and simple. The warm chewy apples combined with the cinnamon, pure maple syrup and banana are so delicious! This recipe is great for breakfasts and snacks. It is something the whole family can enjoy.
If you have a ton of extra apples on hand after making this recipe, you have to check out my Homemade Gluten Free Apple Cake. It is delicious and so easy to make!
Apple oatmeal bake ingredients:
- Sprouted gluten free oats-Sprouted oats undergo a germination process that activates fiber which makes them easier to digest for people like me. I got a large bag from Costco.
- Banana-Make sure it is ripe! The riper it is, the sweeter it will be. Slice your banana up.
- Dried apple-This is the same as dehydrated apples. You can get this in the dried fruit section of the grocery store. The dried apples taste better than fresh! I love the small apple chunks.
- Maple syrup-As the sweetener. You can swap this for pure maple syrup.
- Coconut milk-You can also use almond milk.
- Cinnamon-To give a nice kick!
- Baking powder-To help the oats rise.
- Egg-To bind everything together.
How to make your own apple baked oatmeal:
- First, preheat the oven to 350.
- Next, spray a 15 by 9 pan with avocado oil or cooking oil of choice.
- Now, place all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly making sure everything is mixed throughout.
- Lay out the oat mixture evenly in the baking dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Allow the blueberry oatmeal to cool prior to cutting.
How should I serve this?
- I love eating this oatmeal bake nice and warm with fresh berries or banana on top! To reheat, you can place it in the microwave for 20 seconds or in the oven at 350 for 5-10 minutes.
Are oats paleo?
- Technically no. Technically grains are avoided on the paleo protocol, however some people find that once their gut heals they can tolerate them. I can tolerate them in small amounts and really enjoy eating them so I do eat them as a treat. It took me years to get to this point though, I was strictly grain free for 4 years prior.
What kind of pan do you use?
- I love this one here!
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
- Blueberry banana overnight oats
- Blueberry banana oatmeal bake
- Pumpkin spice oat flour muffins
- Blueberry maple turkey breakfast sausage
- Brussel sprout bacon sweet potato breakfast hash
Apple Oatmeal Bake
- 9 by 13 casserole baking dish
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free sprouted oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana smashed
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup dried apples You can buy these in the dehydrated fruit section of the grocery store.
- 1 egg
- banana slices
- pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Spray an 9 by 15 baking pan with avocado oil and spread out the oat mixture. Bake for 30 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes prior to cutting and serving.If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.