These Protein Overnight Oats are super simple to make and make for a great breakfast or snack! The creamy nut butter combined with the ripened banana is quite delicious. This protein loaded breakfast makes for a great meal on the go!
What Makes These Protein Overnight Oats So Good?
- I got into overnight oats during my bodybuilding days. While that is a thing of the past, I am still loving my oats for so many reasons!
- First off, they are such a time saver for the morning when you are on the go! I love prepping my oats at the start of the week and then eating them all week long.
- Secondly, they are so delicious. I love the combination of the banana and the nut butter, so yummy!
- Third, there is so much hidden protein between the protein powder and the chia seeds.
What You Need To Make Overnight Oats With Protein Powder:
- Oats-I prefer gluten free sprouted oats because they are much easier to digest.
- Banana-This adds some natural sweetness.
- Almond milk-I like to eat dairy free as much as possible so this is my go to milk of choice, but if you tolerate milk you can use regular milk.
- Protein powder-This is the brand I use because there are not any hidden funky ingredients. You can also use collagen peptides if you want protein powder without whey.
- Chia seeds-For extra protein.
- Almond butter-I am obsessed with the banana and nut butter combination.
How To Make High Protein Overnight Oats:
- First, place the banana in a bowl and mash it with a fork or a whisk.
- Secondly, add all of the remaining ingredients in and whisk until smooth.
- Place the mixture into a mason jar and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour. I love making these oats before bed and having them set overnight.
What Should I Serve Them With?
- I love eating my oats with fresh berries or bananas. These overnight oat cups are always great for brunches too. I love to serve them with some of my favorite other brunch items: Spinach Mushroom Frittata, Dairy Free Hollandaise Sauce, and my Protein Pancakes.
How Long Do Thick Overnight Oats Last?
- I suggest keeping the oats in the fridge for up to 5 days!
Should I Eat Them Cold?
- I prefer to eat mine cold but you can always heat them up in the microwave if you prefer yours warm.
Can I Add Chocolate?
- Absolutely! I would add 1 tbsp of cacao power to start with the mixture.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
- Chocolate Baked Oats
- Blueberry Banana Overnight Oats
- Cranberry Oatmeal Bars
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Bars
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Protein Overnight Oats
- Mason jar
- 1/2 cup almond milk regular milk is ok if you are not dairy free
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 cup gluten free oats I like the sprouted ones, they are easier to digest
- 1 banana mushed
- 1 tbsp almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Mash up the banana in a bowl. Then add in all ingredients and mix throughout. Place in a jar for an hour or overnight at eat with optional fresh berries. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna