This Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash recipe is super simple and requires minimal clean up and hassle! Spaghetti squash is a wonderful lower carb alternative that is keto friendly. Cooking it in the air fryer is the easiest way to cook it!
Spaghetti squash is a great replacement for any pasta dish. I love to make my Paleo Pad Thai and serve it over this spaghetti squash recipe. I love to prepare this recipe in advance to prepare for the week ahead. That way I can just heat up to serve as a side to any dish or replace pasta in a dish as well.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- This dish is so easy to make with less than 5 ingredients!
- This recipe is not only simple to make but also is easy to clean up as well.
- Spaghetti squash is a great way to get your kids to eat extra vegetables!
- This dish is gluten free, dairy free, low carb friendly, soy free, paleo, whole30 friendly, vegan, and keto friendly.
- This recipe would be a great replacement for pasta in my Dairy Free Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe.
- This is the perfect way to have a last minute healthy side for any meal in less than 30 minutes.
- Spaghetti squash-ha! I have found that my grocery store carries them all year round.
- Sea salt & pepper-To taste.
- Cooking oil spray-I like using avocado oil cooking spray. I get mine at Costco but any kind of oil spray will work.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
- If you are following an autoimmune protocol (AIP) diet, you will want to omit the black pepper.
- For additional flavor, you can add garlic or herb seasonings as well.
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turns out in the comments below!
Step by Step Instructions
- Tip # 1: Spaghetti squash can he difficult to cut! If you are having a hard time, you can spear the squash with a fork a few times and place in the microwave for 5 minutes. This will soften the squash and make it easier to cut in half.
- Tip # 2: If you want less water content from the squash, you can let your spaghetti squash sit with coarse salt on it for 10-20 minutes before cooking to help draw out the liquid. You will just want to wipe off and season with oil afterwards and not add additional salt.
- Tip # 3: When preparing this in advance or storing extras in the refrigerator there will be extra liquid that collects in the bottom of the container that is from the squash.
I have had this air fryer for years and am obsessed! Not only does it air fry but it also works as an instant pot, sauté option, and so much more! However, any kind of air fryer will work but make sure it is at least an 8 quart size.
First, it is a great lower carb spaghetti alternative that is a lot lighter than regular pasta! Spaghetti squash is a great way to get your vegetables in but still eat “pasta” for dinner. Since it is lower carb it is perfect for those doing a lower carb or keto like diet! It is naturally AIP (Autoimmune Protocol Friendly), Whole30 and paleo friendly.
Cooking spaghetti squash in the air fryer is by far the easiest way! The oven takes far longer than the air fryer and the texture is just so much better when you cook it this way.
I love eating spaghetti squash with just a little bit of salt and pepper, but also love eating it with red sauce! It would also go great as a pasta alternative to my recipes for Paleo Chicken Parmesan, Whole30 Shrimp Pesto Pasta, and Paleo Pizza Casserole.
This recipe can be stored in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Other Easy Vegetable Recipes You Will Love
Are you interested in a list of my go to healthy alternatives?
Download your FREE guide below
Easy Spaghetti Squash In The Air Fryer
- Air fryer at least 8 quarts
- 1 spaghetti squash
- cooking oil spray I like avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt to sprinkle
- 1/2 tsp black pepper to sprinkle
- Cut the ends off of the spaghetti squash. Then, cut the spaghetti squash longways in half. Scoop out the seeds and heavily spray the squash with the cooking spray oil. Sprinkle the sea salt and pepper on squash. Place the squashes face up in the air fryer. Cook on 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.