Roasted Bok Choy is one of my new favorite vegetables! It is super easy to make and goes with so many different dishes. It is one of those vegetables that people often forget about but an easy veggie to add into your diet that can give you more variety! This recipe only takes 5 minutes to prepare and 8 minutes to roast, which means you can have this veggie on the table within 15 minutes.
What Makes This Recipe So Good?
- First off, this recipe only takes minutes to prepare which makes it an easy veggie to whip together for weeknight dinners.
- From start to finish, you only need 15 minutes to get this side dish on the table.
- The red pepper flakes combined with the fresh garlic and ginger makes this recipe so good!
- I love pairing this recipe with some of my other favorite Asian dishes, like my Turkey Asian Meatballs.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free, dairy free, vegan, refined sugar free, paleo, soy free and can be made AIP (autoimmune protocol friendly.)
- You can prepare this recipe in advance and eat it all week long! I love batch cooking on the weekends so all I need to do is just reheat during the busy work week.
- Bok choy-This is a must! You can find it at a lot of Asian stores and also Whole Foods carries it.
- Sesame oil-This will give it a nice flavor. If you are doing the autoimmune protocol (AIP) you can substitute this for avocado oil.
- Garlic-For taste.
- Red pepper flakes-For a nice added kick!
- Ground ginger-I prefer fresh ginger for this recipe, it gives it a nice kick! If you do use dried ginger, be sure to cut the amount in half as dried herbs are a lot more potent.
- Coconut aminos-My go to soy sauce alternative. It is soy and gluten free, if you are good with regular soy sauce you can use that!
- Sesame seeds-Totally optional but a great garnish!
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wash the boy choy and chop off the ends.
- Add all of the marinade ingredients (the remaining ingredients) to a bowl and mix.
- Toss the bok choy in a bowl with the marinate.
- Lay the bok choy out on a baking sheet and pour the remaining marinate on top.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes.
What is Bok Choy?
- Bok choy is known as “Chinese cabbage.” It can taste like a hybrid of celery and cabbage.
How Do I Cut Bok Choy?
- Great question! You will want to cut off the bottom part that is holding all of the leaves together. You will only need to trim about 1 inch.
How Long Will This Last In The Fridge?
- I suggest storing in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
What Goes Well With Bok Choy?
- Be sure to not overcook the bok choy or it will fall apart and stick to the pan.
- Sometimes I like to leave a little bit of extra marinate for the end to pour on top over my main meal.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other easy vegetable recipes on my blog:
- Honey Srircha Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Roasted Tomatoes
- Frozen Broccoli In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Roasted Bok Choy
- Sheet pan
- small bowl
- mini whisk
To garnish: (optional)
- red pepper flakes
- sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400. Mix all of the marinate ingredients in a bowl. Wash and chop off the ends of the bok choy 1 inch from the bottom. Toss around the bok choy in a bowl with the marinate. Add the bok choy to the baking sheet and pour the remaining sauce on top. Bake for 8 minutes. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna