These paleo sheet pan shrimp tacos are exactly what you need on the nights where you do not have much time to cook and want to make something the whole family can eat! This recipe is super simple and only requires 10 minutes of hands on time.
- Wild caught shrimp-I love using Butcher Box! If you use my link here you can get a few pounds of free meat every month when you subscribe. They send me a box of my favorite grass fed meats and wild caught shrimp every month. I keep it in the freezer then pop it out the night before prior to use. It is super convenient and I know I can trust that the quality is the best.
- Seasoning-You can use a store bought paleo taco seasoning. I like Siete or you can make your own using the spices you have at home!
- Avocado oil-This is what helps marinate the shrimp and peppers and prevents them from drying out.
- Peppers and onions-Sliced longways and thin. The thinner they are sliced, the faster they will cook.
How to make these paleo sheet pan shrimp tacos:
- First, preheat the oven to 400.
- Next, place the peppers and onion slices in a bowl. In a separate bowl add the oil and seasoning. Drizzle ⅓ of the oil mixture over the peppers and onions. Now lay the vegetables out in a single layer on a sheet pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are baking, add the shrimp and remaining oil seasoning to a bowl and massage. Let it marinate for 20 minutes while the vegetables are cooking.
- Once the 20 minutes are up, move the vegetables to one side of the pan and add the shrimp to the other side. Cook for 10 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink.
How do I know if the shrimp is done?
- The shrimp will turn pink when it is done. The shrimp turns from translucent to pink when it is done.
What can I serve these with?
- Tortillas-I love making my own homemade grain free tortillas, this recipe is seriously the best!
- Lettuce wraps-If you are going the low carb route, I suggest using lettuce wraps or eating the tacos on a bed of lettuce.
- Avocado crema– This avocado crema is the best. It has a nice kick to it and is naturally dairy free.
- Pickled onions-Add the perfect tangy crunch.
How long does shrimp last in the fridge?
- I suggest eating the shrimp within 3 days. It is best to assemble it right before eating.
If you like this recipe you will love my other fish tacos recipes:
Paleo Sheet Pan Shrimp Tacos
- Sheet pan
For the tacos:
- Preheat the oven to 400. Add the oil and spices to a box and mix. Add the peppers and onions to a separate bowl. Pour 1/2 of the oil mixture on the onions and peppers and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Cook for 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking. Add the shrimp to a separate bowl with the oil mixture and ix throughout. Let the shrimp marinate for 20 minutes while the vegetables are in the oven. Once the 20 minutes is up, move the vegetables to one half of the pan and add the shrimp to the other half. Cook for an additional 10 more minutes.
- Serve with desired toppings and shells.