These quick and easy dairy free avocado crema is nice and creamy with a perfect splash of lime. This fun sauce goes great with just about anything and literally takes less than 5 minutes to make.
Dairy Free Avocado Crema Ingredients:
- Coconut yogurt-You can use another dairy free yogurt alternative. However, if you are doing AIP be sure to make sure the coconut yogurt is AIP friendly.
- Lime-This adds a nice kick!
- Sea salt-For flavor.
- Avocado-duh! Make sure your avocados are ripe.
- Fresh cilantro-This compliments the lime oh so nicely.
- Jalapeno-To give another added kick 🙂
What is the best brand of coconut yogurt to use?
- I love using Cocoyo. It is strictly AIP, paleo, and Whole30 friendly. No additives too which is hard to come by! I get it from Whole Food’s.
How to make:
- First, remove the skin and pit of the avocado.
- Next, juice the lemons.
- Now, add all ingredients to a high speed blender, and blend!
How to know if your avocados are ripe:
- Avocados should be soft when they are ripe. One of the best ways to speed up the ripening process is by letting them sit out. I even sometimes place them in a brown paper bag and let them sit out. This also helps speed up the ripening process. Contrary to that, keeping them in the refrigerator postpones the ripping process. If you want your avocados to last to the end of the week, keep them in the fridge. However, I always like to let mine get ripe then put them in the fridge so they are good to go!
How long does this last?
- This should last in the fridge for up to 3 days. Be sure to store it in an airtight container to prevent it from turning brown.
What goes well with dairy free avocado crema?
- We love this recipe with just about anything but it goes especially well with these paleo sheet pan shrimp tacos, buffalo shrimp tacos and halibut fish tacos.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other sauces on my website:
Dairy Free Avocado Crema
- high speed blender
- 2 ripe avocados see notes above about finding ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup lime juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 jalapeño omit for AIP, sliced
- Scoop out the avocado pits and remove the skin. Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.