This pineapple pico de gallo is perfect for summer! It is fresh and oh so delicious. It takes minutes to prep and goes great with just about anything. We love eating it with fish, chips and vegetables.
- Pineapple-We like to use a whole one and make plenty for leftovers to use with an appetizer. Chop this baby up into small 1 inch cubes.
- Red pepper-Compliments the pineapple well, but any colored pepper will work.
- Cilantro-I like fresh cilantro, it enhances the flavor big time.
- Fresh lime juice-To keep this pico nice and fresh with adding a citrus touch to the sweet pineapple.
- Red onions-For a nice crunch. I like red onions because they are more savory in this recipe. I use yellow onions for things where I want a sweet flavor.
How to make:
- Chop the pineapple, red pepper, and onions into small bite size pieces. Juice the limes and pick off the cilantro. Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix.
How long does this last?
- It is best served fresh but can last in the fridge for up to 5 days. Be sure to store it in an airtight container like this one to ensure the freshness 🙂
What can I eat this with?
- I love eating fresh pico de gallo with any kind of white fish, chips or even veggies!
If you like this recipe, you will love my other fresh recipes:
Pineapple Pico De Gallo
- cutting board
- 1 whole pineapple skinned and cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 whole red pepper chopped into small pieces
- 1 whole red onion chopped
- 4 whole limes juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- Place all ingredients in a bowl together and mix!