This mango pico de gallo recipe has the perfect amount of sweetness and spice. The mango and cilantro compliment the pop of jalapeños oh so nicely. This recipe goes great with just about anything: fish, chips, chicken, salads!
Mango Pico de Galo Ingredients:
- Fresh mango-Make sure it is ripe! When mangos are ripe they form a similar texture as avocados, they become a bit soft.
- Red pepper-red pepper is the perfect mix of sweetness between yellow and orange peppers but a bit spicy like green peppers. They go perfect in this pico, however if you do not have red at home, you can for sure substitute for something else!
- Limes-Lime adds a nice citrus twist while keeping the fruits and vegetables from becoming dry.
- Purple onion-Adds the most perfect crunch! I prefer purple over yellow because they are not as sweet.
- Jalapeños- Add a touch of spice.
- Fresh cilantro-I love fresh herbs and this fresh cilantro adds the most perfect touch.
- Sea salt-A little bit of salt with this sweet pico!
How to make:
- First, chop up all ingredients except the lime and cilantro in small pieces. The smaller the better. The smaller the pieces, the more flavors you can fit in a bite, which means the better taste!
- If chopping onions bothers your eyes, place a bowl of water next to the onions. It will prevent tears! Onions contain a substance that is drawn to water, and tear ducts are typically the closest source of water. This is why we cry when cutting onions!
- Once the vegetables and fruits are chopped, juice the lime and pull pieces off of the cilantro bunch.
- Finally, mix all ingredients together in a bowl and serve!
What is the difference between pico and salsa?
- Traditional salsa is more liquidy, and pico tends to be more solids than liquids. Pico is thicker and salsa is much thinner.
How long will homemade pico de gallo last?
- This pico is best within 5 days if you store it in an airtight glass container.
What to eat it with:
- I love to eat this recipe with siete chips, fresh fish and even put it on top of my salads.
If you like this snack, you will LOVE my other snacks:
- AIP Hummus with Beets and Cauliflower
- Dairy Free Buffalo Chicken Dip
- AIP Bacon Maple Chicken Bites
- Cranberry BBQ Meatballs
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Mango Pico de Gallo
- cutting board
- 2 whole mangos ripe, peeled, and diced
- 1 whole red pepper chopped
- 1 whole purple onion chopped
- 3 limes juiced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 whole jalapeño sliced
- 1 pinch pink sea salt
- Chop up the mango, purple onion, red pepper, and jalapeno finely. Add to a bowl and juice the limes on top. Sprinkle the sea salt and add the fresh cilantro. Store in the fridge.