This paleo pina colada smoothie is one of our newfound favorites in our house. The creamy banana combined with the frozen pineapple is oh so delicious. This quick and easy dairy free drink will make you feel like you are on the beach! This drink is naturally paleo, Whole30, and AIP friendly.
Ingredients For This Paleo Pina Colada Smoothie:
- Frozen pineapple- I like buying my frozen fruit from Costco! They sell a huge bag and I like to keep it in the freezer so I can eat pineapple all year round 🙂
- Coconut milk-This recipe uses coconut milk because it is AIP friendly, however, if you are not doing AIP you can use almond milk. I like the Trader Joe’s canned coconut milk. It is AIP friendly and is delicious. Whatever brand you end up buying, make sure there are not any crazy additives.
- Banana-the creamy banana combined with the frozen pineapple makes for one silky drink.
- Collagen peptides-I like this brand. Collagen peptides are an approved form of protein powder for both AIP and Whole30. I also sometimes use this protein powder for my finance. While it is not 100% paleo friendly because it contains dairy, I have found he can tolerate it.
How To Make This Paleo Pina Colada Smoothie:
- This recipe takes 5 minutes max and is as easy as it sounds!
- First, place all ingredients in a blender and blend! It is that simple.
How Long Does This Smoothie Last?
- I suggest drinking this smoothie within 4 days of making! Be sure to shake it up prior to drinking.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
Paleo Pina Colada Smoothie (AIP, Whole30)
- 3 cups frozen pineapple chunks I like the ones from Costco
- 1 whole banana
- 2 cups coconut milk I like Trader Joe's
- 4 scoops vital proteins collagen peptides see notes above about protein powder
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend!