This mint green smoothie is perfect for all of your breakfast and snacking needs. It is naturally sweetened with ripe bananas and dates with the perfect splash of peppermint. This recipe is paleo, Whole30, and AIP friendly. With this smoothie only taking a few minutes to prep it is perfect for the times you need something quick and ready to go! We like to prep this recipe in advance at the start of the week for our breakfasts.
This recipe was originally published on March 10th 2020 and updated on March 6th 2021 to improve user experience.
What You Need For This Mint Smoothie:
- Spinach-This is what makes this smoothie green! You can for sure use other greens but note that different kinds of greens may throw the flavor off, for example kale can be bitter so it may need more bananas and dates to mask the taste.
- Peppermint oil-I love baking and cooking with essential oil; however it is important to note that not all oils are created equally. I only use Doterra’s peppermint oils. DO NOT BUY RANDOM OILS OFF OF THE INTERNET, it is important the ones you purchase are approved for human consumption.
- Dates & bananas-This is what sweetens this recipe. I love the combo of dates and bananas because it is oh so delicious.
- Coconut milk-Coconut milk is my go to milk for AIP and Whole30 baking and cooking. I like the Trader Joe’s brand because it is free of any additives and just pure coconut.
- Vital proteins-I love adding collagen peptides. Collagen is great for the gut and joints. I ONLY use this brand.
Optional Mint Smoothie Add In’s:
- Chocolate chips- I like Enjoy Life, however if you are doing AIP check out this homemade “chocolate” chip recipe.
- Fresh fruit-I like fresh raspberries.
Can I Drink Smoothies On The Whole30 And AIP Diet?
- The short answer is that food in its original form is always preferred because the chewing process helps us better digest our food, however sometimes we need to change things up. When drinking smoothies, make sure you are chewing it too or taking digestive enzymes to assist in the digestion process. As far as drinking smoothies on the Whole30, it is important that the smoothie is just not fruit and has either collagen and/ or greens in it too.
How To Make This Mint Smoothie:
- Place all ingredients aside for the optional add ons (chocolate chips and raspberries) in the blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
How Long Does This Smoothie Last?
- I suggest drinking this smoothie within 3-4 days to ensure freshness. Be sure to shake it up prior to eating.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
Mint Chocolate Smoothie
- high speed blender
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips Omit for Whole30 & Use carob chips for AIP. See notes above.
- fresh raspberries to top off
- Place all ingredients in a blender except the chocolate chips and blend. Add chocolate (or carob chips) on top.