This orange creamsicle smoothie is everything you need on a warm summer day, but you will also want to drink it all winter long. The freshly squeezed orange juice combined with the ripe banana is oh so delicious. This recipe can be made dairy free, Whole30 friendly and autoimmune protocol friendly.
- Yogurt- I love using coconut yogurt, but if you prefer dairy you can use regular yogurt. If you are doing the autoimmune protocol be sure to use an AIP friendly coconut yogurt.
- Orange juice- I like making my own OJ using my favorite juicer but you can totally buy store bought OJ if you would prefer.
- Banana- Make sure it is ripe! You can also use frozen bananas. This will add texture and some sweetness to your smoothie.
- Collagen peptides or protein powder-You can use either! I prefer collagen peptides because they are naturally paleo and AIP friendly, but you can for sure use a protein powder of your choice too. I like this brand of collagen peptides.
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend!
- If you are making your own OJ, be sure to juice the oranges beforehand.
What Kind Of Juicer Do You Use?
- I use THIS one! I have been using it for almost a decade and love it. You can totally juice your citrus fruits with a much simpler citrus juicer like this one too.
How Long Does This Last?
- My smoothies taste best fresh but you can for sure store them in the fridge for 3 days. I suggest shaking them up prior to eating. If you want to prepare your smoothie in advance, I suggest putting all the ingredients in a bag, then putting them in your freezer. You can store them in the freezer for months!
If you like this smoothie recipe, you will LOVE my other smoothie recipes:
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- High powered food processor
- 2 cups orange juice about 8 oranges, juiced
- 2 whole bananas ripe, frozen is ideal
- 2 cups yogurt I use coconut yogurt for the autoimmune protocol, whole30 and for dairy free.
- 1 whole orange to garnish
- 2 scoops vital proteins collagen peptides
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend. Garnish with orange slices. Enjoy!