This Dairy Free Gingerbread Smoothie is perfect for the holidays! The fresh ground ginger with the blackstrap molasses, coconut yogurt and bananas is delicious! This dairy free smoothie is great for breakfast on the go and snacks. It only takes 5 minutes to make and is something the whole family can enjoy!
Gingerbread Smoothie Ingredients:
- Coconut yogurt-I love Cocoyo. You can use any kind though. Regular yogurt will work too if you are not dairy free.
- Banana-This will thicken up the smoothie I like to freeze mine beforehand to help thicken it even more and it makes it cold. Anytime I see my bananas turning brown and I have no need for them I put them in my freezer and keep them for smoothies!
- Blackstrap molasses-This is my go to sweetener for all things gingerbread flavor! It also happens to be filled with micronutrients.
- Fresh ginger-To taste. I do not suggest using powdered ginger as the ratio is not the same. If you do use powdered, you will want to use about ½ of the amount the recipe calls for as dried ground ginger is much stronger.
OPTIONAL ADD INs:
- Coconut oil-To get those healthy fats in.
- Collagen peptides-For protein and healthy skin.
How To Make:
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
What Is The Difference Between Fresh Ginger And Dried Ginger?
- Fresh ginger is a lot less potent, but in my opinion has a better flavor profile. When a recipe calls for fresh ginger and you only have dried ginger you will need to cut the amount of ginger in about half.
Can I Prep Smoothies In Advance?
- Yes! However, I suggest only keeping them in the fridge for 2-3 days. Prior to drinking, be sure to shake the smoothie up.
Is This Smoothie Vegan?
- It can be! To ensure this smoothie is vegan, be sure to omit the optional collagen peptides that are listed. If you are vegan and want the extra protein, you can add pea protein.
What If I Do Not Have Molasses?
- You can substitute molasses for maple syrup, however it may change the flavor profile up a bit.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other smoothies:
Dairy Free Gingerbread Smoothie
- high speed blender
- 1 banana ripe, frozen is best
- 1 cup yogurt I like cocoyo dairy free yogurt but any kind will work
- 1 tbsp molasses I like blackstrap
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger fresh!
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.