These crispy crunchy chickpeas with vegan garlic aioli are to die for to say the least. While I normally stick with all things paleo on Allianna’s Kitchen, this crunchy snack is the only exception because they are that good. The paprika and onion give the chickpeas a nice kick while the lemon garlic aioli add the finishing touch. With this crowd pleasing snack only taking less than 5 minutes to prep, it is a no brainer for all of your snacking occasions.
This blog post was updated on November 28th, 2020 to improve user experience.
What You Will Need To Make Roasted Chickpeas w/ Vegan Garlic Aioli
- For the Roasted chickpeas:
- Canned chickpeas-This recipe is only intended for you to use canned beans.
- Garlic powder, paprika, oregano, onion powder-The combination of these spices is what gives these oven roasted chickpeas a nice kick!
- Extra virgin olive oil- EVOO is my go to oil of choice. If you prefer another cooking oil you can more than likely substitute with it; however it has not been tested.
- For the aioli:
- Vegan mayonnaise- You can totally use regular mayo if you are not vegan, however if you are vegan they make plenty of eggless mayos. We love this brand for both eggless and regular mayo.
- Garlic-This is what makes the garlic aioli!
- Lemon-Lemon is what separates regular mayo from aioli. Do not skip.
- Dijon mustard-This is a french twist, but I am not kidding when I say it makes the biggest difference. It gives the aioli a nice zest at the end.
How To Make This Crunchy Snack w/ Vegan Garlic Aioli:
- For the chickpeas:
- The main thing aside from the taste that I love about this recipe is how stinkin’ easy it is!
- First thing is first, you want to be sure your oven is preheated to 400.
- Next, open your beans and rinse them with water in a strainer.
- Now, using a large baking sheet add the beans, all of your spices, and EVOO. Mix together well with your hands and form a single layer of the beans.
- Lastly, set a timer in the oven for 35 minutes.
- For the aioli:
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix, it is that simple. If you have a mini whisk you can use that but you can also use a fork.
- To serve:
- Drizzle the aioli on top and add the extra red pepper flakes garnish on top to serve.
How Should I Store This Crunchy Snack?
- I highly suggest storing the aioli separate from the beans or the beans could get soggy. Add the aioli on top as you are ready to serve.
Can I Reheat These Roasted Chickpeas?
- Yes, in fact I encourage you to do so prior to serving if you are not eating then right away. We like to reheat them in the oven on 350 for 5-10 minutes. Just enough time to get them warm. Then, drizzle the aioli and red pepper flakes on top.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other favorite snacks on Allianna’s Kitchen:
- Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Whole30 Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs
- Whole30 Everything Bagel Chicken Wings w/ Garlic Aioli
Crispy Chickpea Snack (Gluten Free | Dairy Free)
- baking sheet
- Can opener
- 2-15 once can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
For the garlic aioli:
To garnish: OPTIONAL
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
For the chickpeas:
- Open the canned chickpeas with a can opener.
- Rinse the chickpeas with water in a strainer.
- Lay out the chickpeas on a baking sheet.
- Add the olive oil and chickpeas spices and mix with your hands.
- Place the chickpeas in the oven for 35 minutes.
- While the chickpeas are roasting, you can make the garlic aioli, which in my opinion is the best part.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. If you do not have a mini whisk, you can use a fork.
- Wait to drizzle the garlic aioli on top until prior to serving.
- Serve with fresh parsley and added red pepper flakes if desired.