These Vegan Reese’s Cups are seriously to die for! These two ingredient peanut butter cup copy-cats are super simple to make and something the whole family can enjoy. This recipe only takes 15 minutes to prep and requires no cooking time!
Vegan Reese’s Ingredients:
- Nut butter-I love using almond butter for this recipe but any kind of nut butter will work-peanut butter or almond butter. If you are following the autoimmune protocol (AIP) you can substitute it with Tigernut Butter. You can use my recipe HERE to make your own. If you make it at home you will save money! If you buy it at the store be sure to read the label to ensure there are not any additives.
- Dairy free chocolate-I love to enjoy life chocolate chips. They are naturally dairy and soy free! If you are doing the autoimmune protocol (AIP) you can substitute them with carob chips which you can get at your local healthy foods store, Whole Foods, or online!
Optional Add Ins:
- Sea salt
- Chopped nuts
- Freeze dried fruits
How To Make:
- First, pour your chocolate chips into a microwave friendly glass bowl.
- Then, measure your nut butter and place in a bowl in the freezer to allow it to harden. This will make the nut butters easier to work with.
- Grab a muffin pan. I like using these silicone muffin pans because they do not stick, but if you do not have one you can line your muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Now, place the chocolate in the microwave and microwave for 30 seconds, whisk, microwave for another 30 seconds, whisk, then another 30 seconds until the chocolate is melted. Be sure to whisk in between so the chocolate does not burn!
- Using 1 tablespoon, add 1 tablespoon of chocolate into each cup.
- Then, using a 1 inch cookie scooper, take the nut butter out of the fridge and roll and scoop 1 inch balls.
- Now, add 1 ball to each muffin cup in the muffin liner pan.
- Lastly, pour a tablespoon of the chocolate over the nut butter. Place the muffin pan in the freezer for 2 hours to harden.
Why Do I Need To Freeze The Nut Butters?
- This will allow the but butter to be easier to work with and not stick so much! Without freezing it, you risk the nut butter melting into the chocolate.
What Kind Of Mold Do You Suggest?
- I love using this silicone muffin baking pan HERE! It is super easy to use and prevents things from sticking.
How Should I Store The Dairy Free Peanut Butter Cups?
- I suggest storing them in the fridge or freezer!
How Long Do They Last?
- These paleo almond butter cups last up until a week in the fridge and months in the freezer!
If you like this dairy free chocolate dessert, you will LOVE:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
- Muffin mold I like the silicone ones because they do not stick!
- 2.5 cups dairy free chocolate I like the enjoy life brand. Use carob chips for AIP
- 1 cup nut butter I like almond butter. Use tigernut butter for AIP.
Optional add ins:
- freeze fried fruit
- sea salt
- crushed nuts or tigernuts for AIP
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Then place the almond butter in a bowl and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Put the chocolate in the microwave and microwave for 30 seconds, then mix, microwave for another 30 seconds, then mix and microwave one more time. Whisk until the chocolate is silky. Add 1 tbsp of chocolate to the muffin pan. Then, take the nut butter out of the freezer and using a small cookie scoop to roll the butter into 1 inch balls. Add one ball to each cup then top the cup off with 1 tbsp of chocolate. Add in any additional optional toppings (nuts, fruit, sea salt.) Freeze for 2 hours. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.